• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAPT Scott Speicher - KIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
FYI

ID is currently running "Pilot Down" The True Story of Capt. Scott Speicher. An interesting show so far.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tribute to Spike

Motorcade procession for Scott 'Spike' Speicher, Friday, August 14. Starts at NAS JAX (where he's flying in) will pass by 3 waypoints in the city:

- Veteran's Wall next to the Jaguars Stadium

- Lake Shore United Methodist Church

- Nathan B. Forrest High School

There will be remarks from various officials and groups on Scott's behalf at these 3 separate waypoints. Scott's family is expected to be part of the motorcade procession, but will not be getting out of their vehicle. They requested to participate in private and be shielded from media. Scott's internment will be a private ceremony in the Jacksonville area and closed to the public. There has been a significant and heartfelt response from the Jacksonville community to be part of Scott's return. As a result, please listen for press releases of the event as the City of Jacksonville wants the citizens to all have the opportunity to pay their respects.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tribute to Spike, DC area

"Bano", "Spike's" wingman and roomie in VFA-81 plans to hold a vigil/ceremony for Spike at his memorial marker* in Arlington National Cemetery this Friday, 14 Aug at some time in the latter part of the afternoon, ~ 17:00 or so. Larry "Rat" Slade (F-14 RIO and Desert Storm POW) who said he wanted to participate and would attend; "Rat" and "Bano" plan to be in flight suits.

*"Spike's" marker is in Section H which is in numbered section 13. The area is marked but a little difficult to make out on the map.

Anyone in the DC area and/or those able to come to town are all invited and welcome to participate. "Bano" plans to "marshal" (for you non-tailhooker types, that's to maintain a holding pattern in relation to the ship and in the same vicinity with usually 20 of your bro's in other aircraft) around the visitor staging area for the tour buses (up and right of the red "31").

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
For all the Jax bubbas, CAPT Speicher will be flown in town tomorrow, at 1500. Line up along Yorktown to the chapel. Uniform of the day is all that's required, I know most of us at the squadron will be out there in our bags. He'll lay in rest at the chapel tomorrow afternoon/evening and then he'll be taken on the route HJ outlines on Friday.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tribute to Spike, Oceana style

There will be a small memorial sevice for Captain Scott Speicher at the NAS Oceana Base Chapel Friday August 14th at 1000.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Please explain yourself. I consider HJ a personal friend and was wondering If He was going to be in town. You can PM me if you'd like.

he was talking about a pretty distasteful post that has been aparently deleted. I only know about it because of the email notification. I imagine that the poster has been banned as well...

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
After 19 years, CAPT Speicher returned to the US today. I was one of the hundreds of people who were lining the streets for the short drive over to the chapel. He is lying in state there with an honor guard. Tomorrow morning he will go on a final tour of Jacksonville. If you are in the Jacksonville area, I encourage you to go to the chapel. It is open all night.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-13/story/speichers_body_returns_to_jacksonville

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After 19 years, CAPT Speicher returned to the US today. I was one of the hundreds of people who were lining the streets for the short drive over to the chapel. He is lying in state there with an honor guard. Tomorrow morning he will go on a final tour of Jacksonville. If you are in the Jacksonville area, I encourage you to go to the chapel. It is open all night.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-13/story/speichers_body_returns_to_jacksonville

News coverage with links showing routes and other info for tomorrow

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was one of the hundreds of people who were lining the streets for the short drive over to the chapel.
I was really impressed with the turn out this afternoon from the entire NAS Jacksonville base. I will back out there tomorrow to pay my respects one final time.

Status
Not open for further replies.