• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Candidate officer ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

demax182

CEC Officer from Class 15-03
I was not aware that the class officers write your first FITREP, I would think that they would tell us something like that while we were going through OCS.

H

Honour_Class

You don't get FITREPS out of OCS and there are no boards for O-2 and O-3. The only way you can avoid advancing to LT is FRATERNIZATION, DUI, DRUGS, or GROUNDIN' THE FRIGGIN' SHIP!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I was a C-Ens, and boy was I happy about it. Batt 1 staff baby, I stood a little watch, and visited my fiancé (who'd moved down there near the end) nearly everyday. My watch desk was full of geedunk and I got to sleep in frequently. I helped out the Indoc guys on the first day, that was quite a hoot, but other than that, there was little to do. Of course, my class has 60 people in it, so we had too much manpower for the billets available. That's one good reason to help get your fellow classmates through the program, less work at the end.

OCS is a goat rope anyhow, nobody cares what you did while you were there. Sure, the stories are good for laughs over beer later in your career and there is a bond you automatically have with other OCS'ers (like the boat school guys, but we're cooler) which is kinda nice.

If you're a lazy person (like me) don't bust your hump at OCS too much. I work very hard now because I know my work will mean something, and I enjoy my work now far more than I enjoyed folding my tighty-whities into 6X6 squares. You can bust your ass at OCS and become the Regcom and do all that happy horses&$# if you wish, but in the end you'll still be just an Ensign, and nobody likes those anyways.

Now one disclaimer, don't ever at OCS (or subsequent to it) slack off when your shipmates are depending on you. It SUCKS to be the one who causes pain to your whole class (that was me the first few weeks, I couldn't march to save my life).

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fattough said:
What do all of these ranks have to do with anything while at OCS? They obviously don't carry over into the rest of your career.
/QUOTE]\

Oh yes they do my friend. You screw OCS up and your chances for Admiral are over. OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.