• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cancelling airline tickets when deploying

0621girl

I dont think airlines can charge you for that anyway. I have cancelled lots of tickets due to last minute orders/deployments, and each time I have just faxed orders and its done with no charge.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Snake, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's talking about personal tickets you've bought, not government travel tickets, which can always be switched/canceled.

snake020

Contributor
Right, this info is about changing personally procured tickets for personal travel that you can no longer take because of a recall, short notice deployment, or other interference.

snake020

Contributor
Confirmed this does work. Even though I booked my travel through a third party site w/multiple carriers, as the lead airline Continental refunded the full airfare. Lady at the counter didn't believe me at first, but when she took the time to look up the rules in her computer and processed a full refund.