• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can someone enlighten me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm currently an AMDO getting my package together for lateral transfer to the CEC. This is something I really want to do, but I figure if I can't get it by the time my commitment is up, I was thinking of getting out, using the GI Bill to get my Masters in Ocean Engineering and coming back in (trying to get CEC). Does anybody know the procedure for this? Thanks!

Doc

What information in particular, are you looking for? I should be able to help and if not, I can point you in the correct direction.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Doc,

Basically, just the procedure on leaving and coming back in the service. My first choice is obviously to lateral transfer, what I'm wondering about is whether you can try to come back in with a different community, if there's an application process, etc. This is still 3 years off for me, but it's always good to have a backup plan if I don't get picked up for lat transfer.

av8tor

Yikes, once you resign your commission BOL getting it back. I have friends who have resigned to become doctors, but never CEC. Best to call your detailer and find out the straight dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.