• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can Marines get their bubble?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
After I finish what? I am assuming that since I went through second class school and not SCUBA that you are saying I don't know how much easier it is? Besides, anyone can get beat for 5 weeks, go for more than 5 months and see how you come out. And we did lose 3 people AFTER the "SCUBA" portion of class. . Well.....
D'oh! I checked the wrong profile before I gave you some static...didn't realize you wore the blue & gold. :eek: I officially take back my "piehole" comment.

For folks on my dive team that were 2nd class guys, they didn't speak of it as such a struggle, comparatively...they went through around '90 and '92, so maybe things got harder?:confused:

And getting back to some of the previous posters' on having chest candy...what is wrong with going to a challenging school, getting some good training on the Navy's dime? Especially if you could do it instead of spending 6 weeks stashed somewhere hanging out doing paperwork.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... on having chest candy...what is wrong with going to a challenging school, getting some good training on the Navy's dime?....
Amen. Like I said ... I did it "to prove" something to myself. Sure beats a lot of the multi-colored "candy" I see floating around on some chests today ..... and at the time, it -- Jump Wings -- was considered "above and beyond" what was required for a MID.

To put it into perspective ... "they" reside somewhere in some drawer today .... too much "candy" can give you cavities ... :)

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
For folks on my dive team that were 2nd class guys, they didn't speak of it as such a struggle, comparatively...they went through around '90 and '92, so maybe things got harder?:confused:

Not saying things got harder, but maybe easier for SCUBA. Like Webmaster said, it was 13 weeks back then so it must have been a more serious school. It was only 5 weeks in '96. Who knows. They have completely raped that school now anyway, making it an 'A' school. I have a buddy there that's an instructor and he said they don't even get their pins out of it now. They leave as ND's and earn the pin through PQS once they get to their dive locker. Must save someone some money...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
As funny as that is, this thread is quite dead. We've established that SCUBA school is way easier than it used to be, it was never harder than deep sea diving by a long shot, nondivers only go for the chest candy (it's your judgment wheher that's feasible or not), and even though we're not allowed to ask if P-3s are queer, we certainly can suspect it.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
and even though we're not allowed to ask if the P-3s are queer, we certainly can suspect it.
Gotta love when a ground pounder sticks his 2 cents in without even knowing the history behind the whole Queer A-6 / Queer P-3 thing....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which leads us back to the Queer thing.....:eek:

Who are you calling queer?

user1680_1163474829.jpg