• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I get a waiver?

lamarjd

After studying for the ASTB and passing, I went down to Pensacola for a flight physical. There I was told that I cannot qualify for a flight contract because I have some issues in my back that include: spondylosis, degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis), and very slight scoliosis. The doctor told me I could get a waiver, but because I had no experience in the military my chances were extremely thin. Ths happened almost 2 years ago. I have since Commissioned into the Marine Corps, and am at TBS right now. Does anybody know what my chances may be of getting a waiver to be able to fly?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anybody know what my chances may be of getting a waiver to be able to fly?
Search: "What are my chances?" ... it's loaded with good info!

*Your question is better suited for the "The Doctor is in..." thread; Doc's Corner Forum.:)
BzB

Renegade One

None
After studying for the ASTB and passing, I went down to Pensacola for a flight physical. There I was told that I cannot qualify for a flight contract because ...
I have since Commissioned into the Marine Corps, and am at TBS right now. Does anybody know what my chances may be of getting a waiver to be able to fly?
First of all, kick butt in TBS. Congrats on the 2Lt bars…you're on your way. Aviation aside, what seems to be your current career path?
As to the waiver thing, t'would seem that you are much better postured (no pun intended…) now to pursue that, but keep you eye well and truly on "the prize"…e.g., whatever the Corps has in store for you now. Desire counts for a lot...performance in "whatever" counts more. Just my $.02.