• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I be a naval aviator with amblyopia

Milly

wanna be a naval aircrewman but have a slight amblyopia it’s not noticeable but I know I have one will that disqualify me from any type of aircrew job I found this online
15-91
Class Il Personnel:
Designated and
Applicant Naval
Aircrew (Fixed Wing)
Standards
(1) Must meet Class I standards except as follows:
(a) Vision
(1) Visual Acuity, Distant and Near. No
limit uncorrected. Must correct to 20/20 each eye.
If the AFVT or Goodlite letters are used, a score of
7/10 on the 20/20 line constitutes meeting visual
acuity requirements.
(2) Refraction.
No limits.
(3) Oculomotor Balance. NOHOSH.
(4) Depth Perception. Not required. If I have bad depth perception will I still be able to be a aircrew fixed wing

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know the actual answer to your question, but you might want to clarify your goals as the answer will vary accordingly. There is a difference between Naval Aircrew, which is an enlisted crew position in aircraft, and a Naval Aviator which is an officer and a pilot. Then you have the coveted Naval Flight Officer designation, which is an officer airman but not a pilot. For the record, to which do you aspire?

Milly

I don't know the actual answer to your question, but you might want to clarify your goals as the answer will vary accordingly. There is a difference between Naval Aircrew, which is an enlisted crew position in aircraft, and a Naval Aviator which is an officer and a pilot. Then you have the coveted Naval Flight Officer designation, which is an officer airman but not a pilot. For the record, to which do you aspire?
I’m sorry I thought naval aviator stands for all pilots,nfo, enlisted aircrew but I aspire to be an enlisted aircrewman

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
There was a guy on here named “igloojam” who had the same issue…decided on NFO…but I think ended up flying helos. He winged in 2018 and went to the west coast but hasn’t been here for quite a while. Given the timeline he should still be around the navy.