• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

can a debarment prevent you from becoming an officer?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
debarment from not being able to enter certain military bases... ?? would you have any info OnTopTime?

Story behind this would probably be necessary, if not only to solve your problem but also for our entertainment as well.

But I think the "what STDs does MEPS look for" thread is probably the most amusing one of recent.

GreenLantern330

Not as amusing as that really obnoxious guy back in like 02 that always posted in all caps about how he wanted to be an aviator so much that he got wings tattooed on himself. Now that was hilarious.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Uhm wow. You would need to really screw up to get permanently barred from a base. That would require quite a lot of explaining...

...and end with a lot of sniggering and pointing by this crew.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
debarment from not being able to enter certain military bases... ?? would you have any info OnTopTime?

In order for anyone to provide you with an intelligent answer to your original question, you will have to explain the circumstances surrounding your "debarment from not being able to enter certain military bases."

m26

Contributor
In order for anyone to provide you with an intelligent answer to your original question, you will have to explain the circumstances surrounding your "debarment from not being able to enter certain military bases."

Yes, but we can provide him stupid answers now!

jpa, as long as you were debarred for non-violent activity, all you'll need is to complete a "cleansing ceremony." Simply go to the nearest military facility belonging to the same branch as the one whose base you were debarred from (can be your local enlisted recruiter, even), and, in your skivvies, sing the appropriate service song (i.e. CG Anthem, MC Hymn, etc) three times. That's it! Easy. Just make sure you file your DD731(i) beforehand, otherwise you'll probably just be arrested.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Yes, but we can provide him stupid answers now!

jpa, as long as you were debarred for non-violent activity, all you'll need is to complete a "cleansing ceremony." Simply go to the nearest military facility belonging to the same branch as the one whose base you were debarred from (can be your local enlisted recruiter, even), and, in your skivvies, sing the appropriate service song (i.e. CG Anthem, MC Hymn, etc) three times. That's it! Easy. Just make sure you file your DD731(i) beforehand, otherwise it'll all be for naught.

You must have missed the new OPNAV instruction regarding the cleansing ceremony. According to OPNAVINST 49314.6, Change 2 you must first visit the Base CO's home and offer him a sacrifice, preferably a live animal for the slaughter. THEN you go file your 731 and ensure you've done the skivvie hymn-chant. Only then are you pure in the eyes of JCS.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
You have the form numbers wrong. It's the DD ID-10-T form. Similar in structure to the 731(i), but it has an extra block for the CO to write in what the sacrifice was.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Also, do not under any circumstances forget your war paint for the live sacrifice. Otherwise that would just be embarassing.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Also, do not under any circumstances forget your war paint for the live sacrifice. Otherwise that would just be embarassing.

THATS why the sacrifice didn't work last time. Son of a bitch, i knew I forgot something.

Now I gotta do it all again.

Will_T

Will_T
You have the form numbers wrong. It's the DD ID-10-T form. Similar in structure to the 731(i), but it has an extra block for the CO to write in what the sacrifice was.

Wow, nice. I've heard this one before and I'm not even in the Navy yet.
Lets be nice to the poor guy, he has already been disbarred.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor

Crap. I stand corrected. How did I drop the ball on this one, and where is the forum CPO to tell me I was making an Ensign mistake!? :D

Kycntryboy

pilot
... Change 2 you must first visit the Base CO's home and offer him a sacrifice, preferably a live animal for the slaughter. ...

I think you earn an automatic waiver of your choice, if said animal is endangered... maybe that's the form those A-Poolers were trying to fill out?