• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Camouflaged Aircraft and related topics

MPH

I don't really get the idea of coamoflauged planes. Are there trees up in the sky to blend in with?

Adversary squadrons do it, because that's how the communists paint them up. These are from VFC-13 circa '94.

vfc13des.jpg

vfc13blk.jpg

A desert scheme over a black and white background, and the black/gray scheme on a brown background. Apparently I just don't get how camouflage works.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Some of camouflage is about breaking up recogizable outlines, not blending with the environment, hence the aggressive zigzags in old communist patterns.

MPH

Some of camouflage is about breaking up recogizable outlines, not blending with the environment, hence the aggressive zigzags in old communist patterns.

It was said with tongue in cheek. Sorry for the lack of smilies. :eek:

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Speaking of paint jobs, I saw a desert-camo Prowler taxiing up here (NUW) a couple weeks ago... any ideas whose it was? I'm assuming one of the expeditionary squadrons...

VAQ-133 had one in Bagram that has been back up that way for a couple of months.

Sorry to interrupt the flow of cool helo pics....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
[/threadjack] before Swanee shows up to give sailing lessons.....

Back to regularly scheduled discussion on camouflage

Recent shots of USAF F-16s in "Artic Flanker" markings en route to Alaska from homebase in Korea for a swap of aircraft

ArticFlankers.jpg

ArticFlanker.jpg

FLYING IN FORMATION
F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft with Artic Flanker paint schemes fly in formation in preparation to be refueled by a KC-135 Stratotanker during a flight from Kunsan Air Base, Korea, to Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, Jan. 20, 2008. The bases are swapping seven F-16s as part of the Common Configuration Implementation Program. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Eric T. Sheler

Meanwhile, different paint scheme being applied back at homeplate

F-16Camo.jpg

DoD photos