• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Camera at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CavemanOgg

Is it ok to have a camera at OCS? I was hoping to be able to take a few pictures to show friends and family some of the stuff i did...

solenita72

SWO Wife
There was a classmates of my husband that took his camera and took tons of pics. My husband didn't have one until about 4 weeks in and they he took pictures here and there. I would not take one down there unless you have a car to store it in initailly or hook up with someone else in your class that will let you store the camera in their car.

CavemanOgg

Jarhead: yes, i love vacations. I was also planning on bring the following, what do you think?

Pail and shovel (for sandcastles on the beach)
cooler (to fill with beverages for aforementioned beach)
flip flops
water wings (something about a 3rd class and being able to use a pool...)

actually back to the camera question i guess i wouldn't need to bring one as i'm sure the DI's take pictures and video of each class that will be available for purchase in the giftshop afterwards... :snorkel_1

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
My husband couldn't find the gift shop!!?? Where is it located??

Just joking...... :icon_tong That was funny caveman! We got quite a laugh. ;)

Heather

CavemanOgg said:
actually back to the camera question i guess i wouldn't need to bring one as i'm sure the DI's take pictures and video of each class that will be available for purchase in the giftshop afterwards... :snorkel_1

Only Gunny Williams does that one :icon_mi_1

There is no problem with having a camera, there is only a problem when you are caught with a camera there.

demax182

CEC Officer from Class 15-03
Jarhead: yes, i love vacations. I was also planning on bring the following, what do you think?

Pail and shovel (for sandcastles on the beach)
cooler (to fill with beverages for aforementioned beach)
flip flops
water wings (something about a 3rd class and being able to use a pool...)

Actually you'll be provided a complimentary pair of flip-flops when you get there. Then you can take a nice stroll to the Rose Garden with your pail, shovel, and cooler to build yourself a beautiful sand castle. :D

usnavy_mustang

Awaiting HM FRS orders
Williams made Gunny huh? HOLY S***.....he was my DI last year as a SSGT. As for the camera....sure take it...what have you got to loose but a few hundred "side straddle hops"

H

Honour_Class

Cameras are actually authorized at OCS. Digital or film. Just keep them safe and locked up. The DI's hurricaned the ROOD one time and took pictures of themselves doing it. Quite a surprise when the candidate developed that roll a week later!

H

Honour_Class

They hurricaned the ROOD b/c of one or more of the following:

1.) It was perhaps a little messy
2.) There may have been rumours of geedunk
3.) They didn't like the class on-deck
4.) They are DI and do what they want anyways

In addition to the camera, they filled one candidate's canteen with M&M's and left it in a sunny window to melt. He was so pissed, it was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.