• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

calling shotgun

zachary2777

Banned
I know you want to stay under $400, but there's something elegant about an over-under shotty. I have a Huglu Over-Under 12 ga. You can't beat it for the price (~$700).

I agree the 870 is a great fun for many purposes but I love shooting trap with my Huglu...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know you want to stay under $400, but there's something elegant about an over-under shotty. I have a Huglu Over-Under 12 ga. You can't beat it for the price (~$700).

I agree the 870 is a great fun for many purposes but I love shooting trap with my Huglu...

Except he said he wants a pump action... :)

You're right though, got to try an OU for skeet once, wow.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Just to add an option....Browning BPS. Best pump gun I have owned and I have several shotguns. (including the 870 with the long barrel) Have the browning in 22" bar, English stock. Great weight, smoother action with better overall stock and forearm fit a little more comfortable (to me). Better looking (solid wood) and love the bottom shell eject for less distraction when firing multiple rounds. (You don't see the ejecting round out of the corner of your eye) Great field gun...carried it for years, beat it up pheasant and duck hunting in some rough weather and never tarnished, jammed or stuck. Great gun. Full choke set included and fires 3" mags. A little more expensive perhaps....but so worth the money! Also have to say that my altime favorite is my Browning citori OU. Unreal gun. Just another option to think about.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
sorry, should've specified, primarily home defense and killing beer cans. much as i'd like to, the opportunity to hunt just doesn't come up often enough for me to focus on it.

my roommate's trying to sell me on the mossberg, so it's in the running, but from what i'm hearing from you guys and everything else i manage to dig up, i'm hard pressed to find a reason not to get the remington.

and as far as two barrels are better than one, i'd love to go that route, but i'm a college student making part-time security guard pay. gotta save some for ammo and food.

thanks for the good brain candy, guys. and happy birthday USMC
(i'm not among the ranks yet (thankyouverymuchtransfercredits), but working on it)

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
crappy webcam images, but that's what i've got for now.

looks like she's getting along great with the rest of the family:)

Attachments

• Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 57

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Almost exactly the same as mine except I have a standard stock not a pistol grip. Felt-recoil on pistol grips tend to be higher, let me know how it works out. Great choice :)

Carno

Insane
Well his is the only shotgun I've ever shot before, but I didn't think the recoil was too bad. It's a hell of a fun weapon to shoot, especially with slugs in the chamber.