• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

calculators on astb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryffindor

ok cool, this stuff is really easy, just quicker if you have a calculator...though i don't see the point in having us work everything out the long way, i mean we're not 3rd graders, but oh well

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
gryffindor said:
ok cool, this stuff is really easy, just quicker if you have a calculator...though i don't see the point in having us work everything out the long way, i mean we're not 3rd graders, but oh well

Oh, I know, I agree, but it's all probably for the best. :) You'll do fine.

DairyCreamer

Interestingly... if you know your math, using a calculator on these simple problems is physically slower than just working at "The Speed of Thought."

gryffindor said:

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Exactly, it would be so slow to punch all that trash in. The math isn't terribly difficult anyways. It's more formula type of stuff I guess.

navsup

BDCP Supply
DaGreenLantern said:
Is this guy serious...?

I think he is serious and it is a legitimate question.

I didnt know we couldnt have a calculator when I went to take my OAR. I actually started the test with it and about 5 minutes later my recruiter came back and said "Oh yeah you cant use that" This was frightening since I couldnt do some of the math even with a calculator when I took some practice tests. Luckily the math on the real test was nothing like the practice test I had. The real thing was much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.