• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Calc and Physics Requirement

Fire17

I have been reading the qualifications for some of the officer career paths, and many of them require a year of calculus and physics with a C or above average. My major does not require these classes (Cybersecurity).

Two questions:

1. Are these requirements waiverable?
2. if they are not waiverable, would it be allright if I attend the local community college for just physics and calc after I graduate?

Thank you

Fire17

I am still deciding, I have a few years left to complete my BS degree. I'm looking at SWO-IW, Intelligence Officer, Flight Officer, or Information Systems Officer, basically I want to keep my options open. if i go SWO and i dont have calc or physics, can I redesignate after my first sea duty?

forgive my ignorance, I am still very new to OCS, the Navy, and officer ratings

exNavyOffRec

anything with IP or IW requires tech degree including a year of calc and physics. Intel PA is being re written to essentially require tech degree.

BackOrdered

Contributor
As far as redesignating after your first tour, it is VERY difficult and competitive. But it is not impossible.

Fire17

Ok I understand that, so ill take my calc and physics after I graduate, my degree will be Cyber security with certifications in Intelligence Analysis, Network+, Security+, and an AAS degree in Homeland Security: Intel Analysis. hopefully that would help me with my intel officer or SWO-IW application

exNavyOffRec

Ok I understand that, so ill take my calc and physics after I graduate, my degree will be Cyber security with certifications in Intelligence Analysis, Network+, Security+, and an AAS degree in Homeland Security: Intel Analysis. hopefully that would help me with my intel officer or SWO-IW application

They are specifically looking for EE, ME, CS, math, and physics.

SWO IW selects about 3-5 per year, Intel is normally about 50 but for FY13 is dropping to 7

Fire17

They are specifically looking for EE, ME, CS, math, and physics.

SWO IW selects about 3-5 per year, Intel is normally about 50 but for FY13 is dropping to 7

Thank you, ill just throw my application to the board and see what comes back

Renegade One

None
Go pilot or NFO...you can be a Forestry Major for those low-end jobs....:)
Not as wicked cool as IW or CYBER you understand, but it's good, honest work....and the chicks are great.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
If SWO is where you want to go, Sailorbob is a forum specifically for Surface Warfare types. Airwarriors mainly geared toward aviation.

exNavyOffRec

If SWO is where you want to go, Sailorbob is a forum specifically for Surface Warfare types. Airwarriors mainly geared toward aviation.

One of my guys told me about that site, he was not allowed to join because he had not been accepted by the board yet (pro Y for my terminology).