• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C & R FFL: What's the deal?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
So I've been looking into this C & R FFL for a while and I think it might just be a good thing.
Anybody have one?
Is it really as simple as 'fill out these forms and send your $$'?
Will it actually make it easier for me to buy guns?
What kind of guns have people bought using this? I mean, a MAC 10 is "collectible" to some people. . .
I have a small collection of ex-military guns and I'd say I buy one or maybe two "collectible" guns a year, so just not sure if it would really be worth it for me.

schwarti

Contributor
I'm in the process of getting one - from what I understand, it really does seem to be that simple, and at least in some cases will make it easier to buy eligible firearms. Not to mention, for $30 for three years, is there any reason not to get one? :D

OldNavy

I'm in the process of getting one - from what I understand, it really does seem to be that simple, and at least in some cases will make it easier to buy eligible firearms. Not to mention, for $30 for three years, is there any reason not to get one? :D

Make sure you hide your credit cards.

No reason to not get one. You can buy C&R firearms on-line and have the nice UPS/FedEx driver deliver them right to your door. No need to go through an FFL and pay a transfer fee.

If you decide to get one, some advice:

DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL!

Make a bunch of copies. Sign them in blue ink (so the recipient will know it is not a copy)

Most shooting / firearms accessory stores like Midway and CheaperThanDirt will give you a "dealers" discount if they have a copy of your 03 C&R on file.

This is also a good website to check: http://www.cruffler.com/

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well worth the $30 for the license. Read the gouge people have already posted. There is a list of approved firearms for the C&R license. The ATF determines what is a curio or relic, and it's extensive.

Renegade One

None
Here's the deal: Get one .... :)

One of the best things goin' to ever come out of government ...

Yup...what A-4's said. I recollect it cost me 30 bucks, and while I haven't used it yet, will MORE than pay for itself with one firearms purchase as I expand my collection of "old iron". Otherwise, here in CA, you pay the state sales tax (on whatever your purchase price was), as well as the DROS and transfer fees. Sweet deal.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't currently have one myself, but here's some gouge from the ATF.
Hey thanks! It is good to know that Colt, Detective Special, revolver, cal .38 special s/n 41862, owned by Col Charles A. Lindbergh, is on the list and qualifies. I mean, just in case I run across it at the gun show next weekend.;)