• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C-9 Training and amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, I didn't even know that the Navy had a C-9 until recently. And, since the search function won't let me put c-9 in a search I have a couple questions.

What is the training pipeline for this aircraft? How many does the Navy have? I've been looking around the internet but haven't found much info out there on it. Also, are there many other aircraft like this in the Navy that don't get much attention?

Found a site that said we have 7 squadrons, how many planes would that equate too?

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
the C-9 is gradually being replaced with the C-40. Most squadron have 4 planes, I believe. There isn't really a pipeline per se. You have to be a reservist and you train at flight safety for a month.

Other planes that the Navy has are C-12's, C-130's etc. The reason you don't hear about them is BECAUSE there's really no pipeline. They're mainly flown in the reserves.

globalsecurity.org has more

Hope this helps.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Like the others said, the C-9's are going away. Being replaced by C-40's. Reservists and TAR types get to fly those bad boys. Not a bad things to have, flight time and your type rating in a C-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.