• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BZ to VP-30!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So how exactly does that go down? What if you're the SDO that day?

"G'morning. I'm SECDEF's aide/EA/whatever. We're going to need alternate transportation for the Secretary and we're hoping you can help..."

"One sec, sir. Let me get the Skipper..."

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Base Ops O calls the Squadron Ops O and starts the conversation with "trust me, this is not my idea..."

Shortly after, Skippers are calling each other....

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The first class seats behind the flight station are pretty legit. As far as good for pilots taking naps while ONSTA, obviously being a double anchor type I don't get that luxury, but I've seen that unless you're a midget then they are not as good as the racks on the P-3. Of course, if I repo a plane on deployment, I'm seriously considering bringing an air mattress for trip over. There is so much room for activities.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Oh the stories I could tell. I have walked the fine line in the 3710 many times. Hey, throw on just one pilot who needs a landing to maintain currency and it becomes a pilot training event, right? Nevermind that we flew to the coast and dropped someone wearing silver eagles on that training event.

Renegade One

None
Very economical use of the aircraft, I'm sure...

How long before we see some of the early P-8 airframes actually converted to UP-8s? ;)