• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Buzz Aldrin = Bad Ass

Yankee Uniform Tango
I think Buzz Aldrin is the new Chuck Norris...

"Buzz Aldrin can change the laws of physics. With his fists."

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I think Buzz Aldrin is the new Chuck Norris...

Buzz Aldrin is the man, but he is not "the new Chuck Norris". There will never be "a new Chuck Norris."

chuck_norris.jpg

CAMike

None
Contributor
KBayDog- In you last post -You're just kidding, right? Buzz Aldrin was a figure I looked up to as a youth. He presented me with the San Francisco/Northern California Science Fair Grand Prize at the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park circa 1975. He kind of looked at me as a peeon (14 year old) but it meant something to me at the time.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
AN obvious response would be that "Do you think that with a multi-million dollar budgeted mission like the moon landing and the billions that NASA had at its disposal at the time that someone would overlook something as simple as a flag waving??"

It's pretty obvious looking at the flag that it has a crossbeam at the top of it to allow the flag to remain standing up and the video clearly shows the astronauts twisting the flagpole into the dirt as it's waving showing the origin of the "wind motion".

salute%20moon%20flag.jpg

I'm no conspiracy theorist but does anyone know why there are no stars in the background of this photo????

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
If you take pictures at night you'll see why. When you have lots of bright objects in the foreground, you need to use a fast shutter so you don't overexpose the film---which doesn't allow the very dim light from the stars to be captured.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
They went to the moon to take pictures of the moon, not the stars. The stars are too dim in those photos to be seen. If you wanted to see the stars, the subjects would be completely washed out (white). The same thing happens at night on earth. If you use a flash to light the subject, you won't be able to see any stars.

murryton

pilot
Speaking of the Kennedy Assassination: check out the documentary (name slips my mind) where Lee Harvey Oswald's own brother says that he acted alone in the assassination.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
If I ever meet Buzz in person, he gets free beer/booze to his hearts content.

We need more men like him. If you can be 10% the man Buzz Aldrin is, you are doing OK.

Too bad he's been sober for twenty years. As for the video, I laugh everytime I see it.

callsignecho

Clock Spider
I just learned of this today, thought it certainly isn't new news.

The link says it all, or shows it rather, but to sum up: conspiracy theorist lures Buzz Aldrin to an interview under the pretense of an interview for a Japanese kid's space program. Douche bag then tries to get Mr. Aldrin to swear on a bible that he indeed walked on the moon, Mr. Aldrin refuses, douche bag calls Mr. Aldrin a "liar and a coward..."

The rest is, as they say, history!

:D Reminds me of my Granddaddy. They were from a time when you couldn't call a man a coward to his face without him setting out to prove you wrong.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office has declined to file charges.

..."Furthermore," a Los Angeles ADA added, "We suggest to Mr. Sibrel that he go home and first watch the Mythbusters episode where they debunk all of his theories in under fifteen minutes. Secondly, we suggest abandon his search for a patently false "truth" in favor of a more serious quest: to locate his long lost manhood, and dignity."

Okay, I made that last part up.

:slaphappy