• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Building NFO Package Long-Term

Good Evening AW,

I am planning to apply for Navy OCS with the SNFO designator. I'm currently active duty enlisted, and my stats are listed in my "about" section. I meet the minimums for the ASTB and my major isn't competitive. However, I plan on getting a Bachelor of Science in Aviation and a private pilot certificate from Liberty University's online program. My question: how much more competitive would that make me for the SNFO program in a few years?

exNavyOffRec

Good Evening AW,

I am planning to apply for Navy OCS with the SNFO designator. I'm currently active duty enlisted, and my stats are listed in my "about" section. I meet the minimums for the ASTB and my major isn't competitive. However, I plan on getting a Bachelor of Science in Aviation and a private pilot certificate from Liberty University's online program. My question: how much more competitive would that make me for the SNFO program in a few years?

Get your ASTB up, or should I say your FOFAR.

The degree doesn't matter, people are selected with English degrees, History degrees, and every other type of degree you can think of.

exNavyOffRec

I would if I could, but those scores were from my 3rd attempt. As far as I know I can't retake it any more times.
The FOFAR is the primary method for selection for SNFO, there have been people picked up with 5's before but it is very rare, you do have a better shot getting picked with a 5 for SNFO than a person with a 5 trying for SNA.

I would look at other options as well, and in that case working on a Masters program could help increase your GPA and the Masters would also help you stand out in other ways.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
…or conversely APPLY and see what happens. I’m pretty sure the Navy is still behind in NFO production. If you aren’t selected, be prepared for the next board.

And what was said above applies. No need for another bachelors nor a PPL. Masters may help.