• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Budget Cuts, Final Selects, and The Process

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
While I have been playing the waiting game on my NROTC 2yr scholarship/CP I have been enacting my backup plan and getting my package together for the June BDCP board. I've read various responses and posts about the process after receiving your pro-rec and how long it usually takes. It seems to vary from each post.

I was wondering if someone can kinda give me a rough estimate if you get selected and MEPS goes smooth approx how long does it take until you get sworn in and can start drawing benefits? Kinda best case scenario I suppose.

Reason I ask is I am currently working full time and in the reserves. If by some chance I get picked up in June, I'd like to know if its possible to be drawing pay by beginning of fall semester (Mid August). That way I can bank on taking a full course load as apposed to 3/4 or half time due to my job.

acwildcat

pilot
I applied in November 08 and I already had my MEPS completed. I got pro-rec'ed in February 09 and I am still waiting on my Final Select

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
When did you know you got your pro-rec? I suppose I can go hood-rich for a few months if I do get picked up and im getting the new GI bill in a few months anyway

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
You will back pay to the date that you say "I (your name) do solemnly swear (or affirm)..." It might take a few checks before they're all for the same amount. My total timeline was:

Nov 08 Start application MEPS/etc
Dec 08 No board
Jan 09 Pro-Rec (found out a week or so after board)
Late Feb 09 Final Select
Early Mar 09
Early Apr 09 First check

I'm in NRD Raleigh and it certainly seems like a lot of the process length is determined by how quickly they do stuff for you. All you can do is make sure that anything they give you to do (additional medical stuff, PRT, other random paperwork) happens immediately (like within 24 hours at the latest). It can be long and frustrating, but getting paid to do what you're already doing (going to school) is pretty nice, especially if there's an NROTC unit on your campus. "You mean you don't have to do any training until OCS, get paid more than me, AND you already know your designator?"

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the replies guys.. Thats cool then if you are getting back pay for those wait weeks..

I am taking my ASTB tomorrow and I have all my application pretty much squared away for the June board, minus the PRT which I am taking next week. So hopefully the process rolls smooth for me. My recuriter is on the ball so I think it will be ok if I get selected.

latochamj

coach09
I got selected by the board in Feb. too, but they keep telling me that my security clearence is holding me up from getting my final select letter. What I don't understand is that I was prior military and had a clearence before. Its driving me crazy!!!

Latocha, Matthew