• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Brothers Sought In Double Fatal Shooting Outside NCSU Football Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
There were only two stories I could find. I'm sure there will be more towmorrow. I didn't know him, but my prayers go out to his family.

http://www.wral.com/news/3707350/detail.html

Brothers Sought In Double Fatal Shooting Outside NCSU Football Game
Two Illinois Men Shot At Tailgating Party

POSTED: 7:23 pm EDT September 4, 2004
UPDATED: 12:13 am EDT September 5, 2004

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Officials are looking for two brothers in the shooting deaths of two men from Illinois, including a Marine, at a tailgating party across from Carter-Finley Stadium Saturday evening.

The shooting happened in a parking lot at Trinity Road and Youth Center Drive at about 6:20 p.m.

Kevin McCann, 23, of Chicago, Ill., died at the scene. 2nd Lt. Brett Harmon, 23, of Park Ridge, Ill., died at WakeMed.

One victim was shot in the head, the other in the neck according to authorities. Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison said neither were N.C. State students.

Authorities are looking for Timothy Johnson, 22, a student at N.C. State, and his brother, Tony, 20. The brothers have Raleigh and Tarboro addresses. They are considered armed and dangerous.

The brothers were last seen in a dark green Chrysler Cirrus with North Carolina license RSJ-7522. The car has damage to its right front fender and is registered to a Tarboro address.

Authorities are trying to determine if a fight led to the shooting.

Witnesses, including Tommy Rodwell, said a fight took place about an hour before the shooting.

"We were standing there and this girl came up. She was covered, splattered by blood because their friend had just been shot," Samantha Mitchell said.

The shooting happened after the North Carolina State Wolfpack kicked off its season home opener against the Richmond Spiders.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Wake County Sheriff's Office at (919) 856-6800.

Reporter: Scott Mason
OnLine Producer: Michelle Singer

theduke

I was tailgating prob less than 50 yards from where this happened, although I had gone in to watch the game by the time of the shootings.

if it's the guy i'm thinking of, he saw me in my Jeep when i was first arriving earlier in the afternoon. he recognized me and knew me by name, but i didn't really know him. i stopped and talked to him for a few minutes. he'd just reported in at TBS in Quantico on 2 Sept (the class that i was SUPPOSED to be in until a couple of weeks ago, when i was pushed back to November class).

i feel almost certain it's the same guy-there just aren't that many Marine officers around, especially in Raleigh, and he was in about the same area as the guy who got shot.

i've heard several accounts, including eyewitness ones, but none of them so far really detail things from start to finish. i'll wait and see if it becomes more clear what exactly happened before i say any more than is mentioned in that article.

-2Lt Josh Duke, USMC

jrUSNA05

Unicorn NFO
None
2nd Lt Harman was a very good man. He was in my company here at the Academy. He wrestled while he was here and loved by everyone who knew him. He loved the Marine Corps and was very dedicated to what he was doing.
We get news of losing former company mates and people we knew here at the Academy every now and then. But you never expect to hear that one was killed while tailgaiting at a football game. Its not a good day here in my company. Brett will be missed.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Update:
They have the guys that did it in custody. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Wolfpack

Tragedy, and sad that two people died over a fist fight. I was standing in that area about an hour before it happened visiting some friends of mine. It is terrible for these people and their friends and families. It also is not good for my alma mater. One of the criminals is an NC State student. I can't believe that they took the time to go somewhere, get a gun, come back an hour later, and then shoot two people in the middle of a crowd. Unbelievable.

theduke

ok, this wasn't the Lt i was talking to earlier in the day. this Marine was stationed at Camp Lejeune, not The Basic School.

damn, what are the odds of 3 Marine 2Lt's tailgating on the same row, each seperated by 50 yds?

i'll tell you what makes me want to run around dishing out blood chokes, though. my blood runs cold every time i hear someone around here say "well if they hadn't have been acting like jarheads and beat him up, it never would've happened. i know that guy shouldn't have shot 'em, but i understand why."

if a drunk driver was being reckless and hit ME with his car, i'm not certain of what i'd do. if i weren't a commissioned officer, i can tell you without a doubt that i'd rip his face off. as it is, i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.