• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Broken Foot

4ageminor

I'm a sophomore in college currently applying for NUPOC. I have basically finished all aspects of my application- except for the medical history document. I answered no to all of the questions except for the one regarding broken bones. Every "Yes" answer needs to have medical documentation. My problem is that the fracture happened 7 years ago and my doctor for some reason doesn't have any record of it.

Is it a viable solution to go to my current doctor and have them examine my foot so that i can get the documentation?

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Here's your bad idea gene of the day quote:

Unless you have some sort of serious limp or other serious long-lasting side effects, just write "No" and get on with the application.

Also, make sure that they want actual medical documents and not just an explanation from you of what happened.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I'm sure big Navy will track it down.. It's not like you have to show up at MEPS with your medical records in hand.

Just be honest about it and you should be fine. If anything does happen, it'll just be along the lines of, "is your foot fine?-yes-any pins?-no-Ok good to go"

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
4ageminor,

A broken bone won't mean squat......unless it is still painful OR interferes with range of motion.

Since you used the term 'my doctor' I assume you are still in contact with him.
While it is a huge surprise he has no record, he should be able to provide letter describing the details of his treatment...or, at the very least, some vague idea...along with an explanation of why there are no records.... AND, most importantly, that the problem has resolved with no lingering pain or range of motion issues.

4ageminor

The doctor that treated my broken foot is not my current doctor. Since i live 300 miles away, i had my mom go to his office to ask for the medical records and not only did he not remember but he didn't have any of the documentation. My recruiter says that those documents are required for me to get a slot on the next VIP trip. I'm definitely not going to lie about it.

So to rephrase my question, will a current examination from a different doctor be an acceptable form of documentation?

Sorry, if my original posting was confusing

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I think a current exam should suffice. I would find it hard to believe a Navy doc going any further than what your current physician has to say.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
4ageminor:
When I enlisted I reported my previously broken: metacarpal, nose (4x), 5 ribs, tailbone (2x), 2 toes, and 4 fingers. I never had to give them any records of those injuries.

The only time they got concerned was when I said I had taken Benadryl (in 2004), then they took X-Rays of my sinuses at NAMI (in 2006).

Relax...take a deep breath...all will be fine...just concentrate on the 4 fuzzy circles, letters on the chart, and beeps in your ears...those are the hard tests.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the responses guys. Pickle, dude, are you a UFC fighter or something??

Nope...I trained horses for a living for about 5 years...and played some hockey and worked at a dairy farm...add in 2 years of wrestling in high school...

4ageminor

Update on the situation: The doctor won't see me because there is nothing wrong with my foot and i have no pain. Not really sure what to do now, any ideas? My recruiter says i cant go on the vip trip without it.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Well, seems like you will have to wait for USN to take a look at your foot.

Being 7 years post injury/pain, I doubt the Navy docs will say much.

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
i had this same problem actually. I had stiches in my forehead as a youngster and the hospital, which my mom worked at at the time, had NO record. My recruiter simply had them send a letter stating that they had no record of me being there. MEPS had no problem with it either...

Ajleger

Update on the situation: The doctor won't see me because there is nothing wrong with my foot and i have no pain. Not really sure what to do now, any ideas? My recruiter says i cant go on the vip trip without it.
A doctor should see you, you will just have to pay out of pocket for it. I had to do the same for a spirosomething or other to check my lungs (I had childhood asthma). Because there was nothing wrong, and I just wanted proof that there was nothing wrong, they cannot take your insurance... I can't imagine any doctor refusing your cash to examine your foot, however.

Ajleger

That is kinda odd though, because asthma is a pretty big deal for the Navy.. A broken bone? Not so much. I had listed two of them, and never had to provide any documentation, just a quick look at MEPS and I was golden.