• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

broke my collar bone

stevo01

any one had this happen before..

any ideas on how long until i can start training again?

doc said 4-6 weeks, but what about running?

hourocket

Bullseye
None
I did it back in junior high...i think 4-6 weeks sounds about right. Im not sure about running because your not suppose to move your arm alot. But I guess if you run without moving your arms you should be good. This also depends on were you broke it and how bad the break is.

riley

I snapped my left clavicle in two my junior year of college playing rugby. I had a quack for a doctor so I was pretty much on my own program. I started out with just working on a stationary bike that you sit in the recline position (as opposed to the normal sitting position) From there I swam laps before working on weights or pullups. 4-6 weeks sounds right. Be careful, you walk a fine line of babying it or taking it too hard and injuring it worse.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Broken my left clavicle multiple times. Don't rush into anything with that type of injury... Keep it immobilized in a sling and wear that damn backpack-looking brace (Yes, it sucks). I've had friends rush back into things and end up requiring surgery/pins, which could possibly disqualify you from flying. Better to take a few extra days off than to end up going SWO... Like Riley mantioned above, ease into things that dont require much upper body movement. Good luck.

usmcecho4

pilot
Broke my clav into 3 pieces in 9th grade. Took 7 weeks off and the doc gave me the "I can't recommend it but I would do it if I were you" to play in the state tourney for soccer. I was careful and didn't tackle anyone but I played and felt fine-ish (just a little poking from where the bone was still sharp). Take it easy and do what feels right and you should be fine. I don't know if it helped but I drank a lot of milk durring my recovery (figured why not).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

stevo01

I think im just gonna to do Camp Lejuin for 6 month adsw, get in better shape, then head back to ocs in the summer, instead of trying to make it this january. gonna be rough, but give me some time for my feet to completly heal as well as my collar bone.

thanks for the replies

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SLEEP ON YOUR BACK! I broke my left collarbone 14 years ago in a skiing accident and still have a slight inward curvature from ignoring my doctor and sleeping on my side. Stupid stupid stupid.