• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bring Navy Uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnp109

I just noticed on the OCS webpage it says that if you have prior enlisted service, to bring all your naval uniforms. Cannot amyone confirm this? I understand why I owuld need to bring warfare pins and service ribons, but what use is all my other uniforms going to be? I ask only becasue a full seabag takes up that much extra space in my car.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Other than your warfare pins and ribbons/medals, you don't need to bring your whites/blues/dungarees, etc. None of the priors in our class ever needed them.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Don't do it. Resist the urge. Leave 'em at home. Show up in comfortable clothing, and don't worry about needing any more clothing for the next 3 months. Bring those ribbons and warfare pin, though.

F414Guy

If you don't follow the instructions and happen to need then for what ever reason your SOL. I'm driving so I'm bringing mine and leaving them in the car. After OCS I will give them to the thrift shop on base.

R

RickyDT34

doesn't it say "prior e's bring uniforms (if applicable)"?

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I think it means bring the stuff you will need, ie ribbons and pins or if you are a chief bring that stuff. I see no need for my uniforms and will be leaving them at home.

twidget

Deskaholic
I had the same concern so I emailed my mentor prior to reporting. I was told not to bring them, and didn't need them. I did bring my ribbons, medals, warfare pin, Corframs (sp?), and belts that I could just change the tips on. You won't be able to wear the Corframs until you're a Candi-O in the 10 or 11th week so leave them in your car. Also, if you've got good leather dress shoes, bring them to wear on a daily basis so you can save your new shoes for inspections. Don't bring them in on the first day, you'll have a chance to get them from your car before the 4th week inspection. It really won't matter until after the 4th week anyway, since you'll be wearing running shoes until then.

Don't waste the space in your car with your complete enlisted seabag. Write your own email if it will make you feel better, but don't just lug everything down there "just in case".

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I wasn't a sailor. . .

But I don't see why they would have prior enlisted sailoirs bring their entire sea bag issue (unless of course if they were a chief, then they can use some obvious uniforms) when it's damned obvious that an officer's uniform is light years different! Is someone in P-Cola trying to be a d***?!

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
You just MIGHT need your uniforms if the unfortunate happens. If you attrite for some reason or quit, you might be spending some time in P-cola waiting for orders.

There was one guy who got there a little before me and he was NPQ'd from OCS, but he was made to stick around doing stash work for a while, so he was wearing his utilities on daily basis.

seminole

I had the same question and urgency to clear it up prior to reporting at OCS. So I sent an e-mail to our class officer and here is his reply to my e-mail:

Mr. XXXXXXXX,
You will not be required to bring any of your navy uniforms to OCS. The uniforms will be issued during your initial 1st week here. However you should bring ribbons and medals to eventually wear on the uniform. I hope that answers your question. Feel free to email me regarding any questions you may have at OCS. Good luck.

/R
LT Sxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.