• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bought a Saker, question about filing form 4 with a trust

Gator Guard

always knife hands
Bought a Saker 556 from silencershop.com and they are sending it to my dealer/range once the form 3 clears. I set up a trust and the form 4 will be my first non-individual transfer.

My question is, if I put my brother on the trust, can he file the form 4 while I am at OCS, or am I as the trustee the only one able to do that?

Thanks.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I'd ask the folks at Silencer Shop first. They know their stuff. You could also ask on the NFA forum on ar15.com they are very helpful as well. You could call the ATF and ask but the bottom line is that it could vary by state so you may have to ask an NFA attorney in your state.

I love my Saker 556 by the way.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I'd ask the folks at Silencer Shop first. They know their stuff. You could also ask on the NFA forum on ar15.com they are very helpful as well. You could call the ATF and ask but the bottom line is that it could vary by state so you may have to ask an NFA attorney in your state.

I love my Saker 556 by the way.

Good thinkin', I will email the good folks at SS.com. Great to hear you like your saker too. I only have 1 AR15, and it's a mk18 mod 1 type weapon. I choose the Saker because it is supposed to be an absolute TANK.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
SS responded to my email. They said beneficiaries cannot sign the form 4, only a trustee can. I can look into making my brother a co-trustee.