• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boring!!!!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I’ll never forget my first LPO mentioning how many wives he paid the bar fine for in the PI now working at the exchange. This was circa ‘98 and he’d been in with a beard at some point. I didn’t know what a bar fine was initially.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Boring!!!!
Need more stories

Okay, here goes:

So no shit, there I was standing OOD Underway off of VACAPES. We were in hour 3 of a 5 hour UNREP and suddenly the oiler decreased speed from 13.5 to 13.1 knots. Due to my quick wits and lightning reflexes, I noticed this before any other officer on the bridge. I notified the conning officer in a flash but he had a hard to understanding the screw RPM to ship's speed chart so I walked over and pointed out the engine order he needed. In doing so I not only saved the day but also asserted my dominance in the SWO JO hierarchy. The CONN barked out a snappy order to the lee helm to make turns for 13.1 knots and the EOOW answered the call. It took another five minutes for the ship to slow and drift back into position on the oiler.

Another time, I was standing Assistant Battle Watch at COMUSSIXTHFLT and we ran out of the good coffee 2 hours into my watch. I spent the rest of my watch very sad as I had to stoop so low as to drink Folgers instead of the fancy, froufrou stuff.

I have more riveting tales if anyone's interested. :D

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Okay, here goes:

So no shit, there I was standing OOD Underway off of VACAPES. We were in hour 3 of a 5 hour UNREP and suddenly the oiler decreased speed from 13.5 to 13.1 knots. Due to my quick wits and lightning reflexes, I noticed this before any other officer on the bridge. I notified the conning officer in a flash but he had a hard to understanding the screw RPM to ship's speed chart so I walked over and pointed out the engine order he needed. In doing so I not only saved the day but also asserted my dominance in the SWO JO hierarchy. The CONN barked out a snappy order to the lee helm to make turns for 13.1 knots and the EOOW answered the call. It took another five minutes for the ship to slow and drift back into position on the oiler.

Another time, I was standing Assistant Battle Watch at COMUSSIXTHFLT and we ran out of the good coffee 2 hours into my watch. I spent the rest of my watch very sad as I had to stoop so low as to drink Folgers instead of the fancy, froufrou stuff.

I have more riveting tales if anyone's interested. :D
That’s why they call you the Ice Man.....your stories are glacial.