• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOQ? naw

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Here's a question? What if you say went to OCS and still had a place in Pensacola would they make you move out of your place in Pensacola to go live in the BOQ when you came back?

JonDW7

Here's a question? What if you say went to OCS and still had a place in Pensacola would they make you move out of your place in Pensacola to go live in the BOQ when you came back?

Right now, they are not making anybody live in the Q. As said before, it is actually full. The answer to your question is no, you would not be forced to live in the BOQ.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
i remember hearing rumors about having to stay in the BOQ when i got down here, but never materialized...i now rent a nice 3 bedroom house

some students told me of stories of going to the lady to get the no availability stamp, and some being denied...all they did was go back the next day with a different person there and they stamped it

Random Task

pilot
So I just checked in at NASC then stopped at the Q today and they wouldn't give me a non-availability stamp. They lady said something about my orders not having a code 2250 or something because I should be getting per diem or some other mumbo jumbo. I have follow on orders and am married and have dogs so last I check I have every reason not to live on base. We have a house off-base but I want to make sure that I end up getting BAH. Am I supposed to be getting per deim while at NASP and then get BAH when I check in to primary at NASWF? Or is this lady just plain wrong and I should go back when another lady is there?

phrogpilot73

Either way if you're a FO coming down and the BOQ can't take you for a couple days while you're looking for a place you're still entitled to 10 days of TLE. I don't know how you would go around getting the documentation for that, but you should still get reimbursed.
TLE comes as part of your travel claim. If the BOQ is full, they'll give you a non-availability stamp and then the gubment will reimburse you up to the local per diem lodging rate for 10 days. If you choose NOT to stay in the Q (check/get non-availability), and stay in an hotel - they will reimburse you only for the Q rate.

torpedo0126

From my experience, your only going to run into a problem with HAVING to stay in the BOQ if its not at something like 85 to 90% capacity. This is because its cheaper to have you stay there than to finance you living out in town.

From personal experience...when I checked into Pensacola (SNA), I was given the option to stay there or find somewhere else. I chose to stay 2 weeks while I was finding a place, becuase I was told you will be reimbursed for that.

HOWEVER, the caveat is that as an SNA you don't actually PCS until you get to Primary (didn't understand that). So the $600 I racked up at the 'Q for staying there just got into my pockets last week.

My advice is, if you don't have a place as an SNFO, take advantage of the BOQ. If your an SNA see if you can stay at a friends.

JonDW7

Now what is really awesome is when you get the non-availability stamp, fill out a BAH request, and they forget to start your BAH for the month. Hopefully they will figure this out sometime soon.