• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Book deferments from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Some of you may already know this, but I was never told about it--I found out on my own, and thought it was worth passing on. We all know that we will be reimbursed for our school books, but it still sucks to pay out the money up front, and then have to wait (sometimes, for over 4 months!!) to be reimbursed, especially when books can cost upwards of $600/semester. Go to your campus' VA office, and ask if they offer book deferments. I don't know if the VA does this at all schools, or if all the schools support this, but what happens is this: Right before you go to buy your books, go to the VA office on campus, and ask for a book deferment form. You fill it out, they validate it, and you take that to your school's bookstore (it's kinda like a voucher). They let you buy your books on the credit of that voucher, and give you a receipt, which you then give to your chief. When NSTC finally gets around to reimbursing you, you go to your VA office and pay them, and they, in turn, pay the bookstore (I think that's how it works--I just found out about this, right before my last semester, and I haven't yet had a chance to do it). One last note--the office on our campus says they don't do deferments for summer semesters.
Anyways, this keeps all your cash in your pockets, where it can buy beer all semester long! :icon_smil

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would gladly pay that "book fee" to be in college again.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Steve Wilkins said:
I would gladly pay that "book fee" to be in college again.
:eek: :eek: What, are you nutz??!!??!! I can't wait to get out of this bastion of education, steeped in its putrid liberalism, overflowing with those friggin' god-awful trucker hats and those ridiculously large bug-eyed sunglasses that all the chicks are wearing these days. One may make the argument that being surrounded by hot chicks is great, but for the most part, all the hot ones are shallower than a baking sheet. And while this wouldn't be a concern for many guys, it is for me. Besides, I'm married, which means that walking across campus is like walking through a shopping mall with no money--I can look all I want, but not touch the merch!
Oh, and I'd hardly consider $600 to be a "book fee". Thassalotta beer money!!! (Oh, and don't get me wrong--I know that many of you current O's never had your books paid for, so I'm very grateful that I am!!! :icon_tong )

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
nfo2b said:
:eek: :eek: What, are you nutz??!!??!! I can't wait to get out of this bastion of education, steeped in its putrid liberalism, overflowing with those friggin' god-awful trucker hats and those ridiculously large bug-eyed sunglasses that all the chicks are wearing these days. One may make the argument that being surrounded by hot chicks is great, but for the most part, all the hot ones are shallower than a baking sheet. And while this wouldn't be a concern for many guys, it is for me. Besides, I'm married, which means that walking across campus is like walking through a shopping mall with no money--I can look all I want, but not touch the merch!
Oh, and I'd hardly consider $600 to be a "book fee". Thassalotta beer money!!! (Oh, and don't get me wrong--I know that many of you current O's never had your books paid for, so I'm very grateful that I am!!! :icon_tong )
HAHAHAHHA!!! You're funny!!

I thought the same thing when I was about to graduate too. "6 years in college is too long. I shouldn't have gotten my Master's." Of course I'm now very happy that I did. I'm with you on the liberal thing. I didn't go to a liberal school. It was highly NOT liberal so I didn't have to put up with that crap. What I didn't realize is that although you have a midterm and a final and maybe a couple of papers or other exams per class in college, every WEEK I have the equivalent in my job. The only difference is if I screw up I just get fired. Forget a bad grade. One wrong f*** up and you could have a lawsuit on your hands. Of course not all jobs are like mine but most are or atleast close. Savor it while you can. The only good part is that I'm no longer stuck to the town I went to college in. I can move all I want as long as I find a job.

As for the hot girl thing. I went to a college voted the largest amount of insanely hot girls on one campus. Surprisingly they weren't ALL shallow or dumb but then again it's a hard school. If they were dumb they wouldn't make it past freshman year anyway as for shallow that doesn't mean your dumb so you've just got to deal with that. They'll get f*** someday. The real world is really harsh and doesn't care how popular you were in college. But you're still funny. "Besides, I'm married, which means that walking across campus is like walking through a shopping mall with no money--I can look all I want, but not touch the merch!" HAHaHAHA!!!

Now I'm going back to work, lunch is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.