• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Board?

XeroCool

I am wondering if anyone can give me the phone number to the office were the aviation board meets - believe it is in Millington, TN. I want to call to make sure that my packet is good to go because I have heard that my packet has gone through the board twice so far incomplete, while my recruiter was giving me the thumbs up. For some weird reason my recruiter doesn’t know that I am the greatest thing for the Navy right now. I just want to make sure everything A-ok for the 20th.
Thanks,
X

XeroCool

I would rather try calling them directly if it is at all possible. I have been getting different answers that my packet is complete from my recruiter and others that my packet was incomplete. I just dont want this to be left in someone elses hands.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I don't think you'll be able to call them directly. Try the customer service center, they may be able to help you out:

1-866-U-ASK-NPC
1-866-827-5672

These were the folks I called to see if they received my Lat Xfer package.

jmiller82

Thisguy, if you Lat Xferred, what was your prior community? Just curious, because a friend from school has about two years in as a SWO and hates it.. Any advice as to what the timeline is for a Lat Xfer or when it is "ripe" to put in for one (say to the aviation community)?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Thisguy, if you Lat Xferred, what was your prior community? Just curious, because a friend from school has about two years in as a SWO and hates it.. Any advice as to what the timeline is for a Lat Xfer or when it is "ripe" to put in for one (say to the aviation community)?

I was AMDO. It wasn't my cup of tea. Lat xfer boards are all about timing, there is one in November, and one in June, and you have to have 24 months of commissioned service to apply.

My advice would be to start putting the package together as early as possible, because they're due 2 months in advance of the board date, and it's a real pain in the ass. Your SWO buddy should have his SWO pin if he wants to apply. Transferring to Pilot/NFO is tough, I can count the guys picked up on the last board on one hand. However, I do recall someone on this forum (Road Program) saying that since he went SWO to NFO, he did a URL to URL and didn't need to wait for the board. I don't know anything about that, because in the last few boards, all the guys who were getting picked up were 1115's (Warfare qualled SWOs)

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Bum Gouge Alert!!

Do not call CNRC: you are not helping yourself and you will get your recruiter in some potentially hot water. If everybody was supposed to all CNRC and work their own packets then we wouldn't have recruiters; if you are in a situation where you wish you didn't have one, then I am sorry.

MODERATORS: WE DO NOT WANT EVERY RECRUIT CALLING CNRC, PLEASE EDIT THE ABOVE POST.

jmiller82

My apologies for providing the info.. I only gave it to him because I was a bit sympathetic! The case with me was so frustrating.. I spent 19 months trying to get to MEPS!! Anyway, I will have to side with RockyMtnNFO on this one.. CHECK WITH YOUR RECRUITER/PROCESSOR BEFORE YOU CALL CNRC.. The contact I mentioned above was only able to confirm exactly what the recruiter stated.. Sort of like OPSEC for recruiting I guess.. Sorry to mislead the confused. Just a question for the applicant above (XeroCool): Why would you want to circumvent your recruiter? Remember that regardless of what you do, CNRC will always go through your recruiter in terms of submissions, acceptance, etc. So your recruiter will eventually find out that you called there, going around his back.. Again, I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you want to be black-balled. Also keep in mind that as far as I know, you can't just switch NRD's or go shopping for the best recruiter. You get who you're assigned, barring any reassignments by the NRD.. If the recruiter/processor says you're covered, then you're covered.. They have no incentive to lie to you.

XeroCool

Ah ok, I was doing this because My recruiter said my packet was complete and the board said that my packet wasn't complete so I was just wanting to check up on my packet since the next one is on the 20th....so im not twiddlin' my thumbs for another month +
I will not call there, I definately don't want to get into a pissing match with my recruiter.... he still has the power to royally fvck me if he wished to.
X