• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Board/Successful Application and College Graduation

Tmurphy

First, I have searched through the various forum pages and could not find an answer to my question. Please feel free to direct me to the correct one if this is the wrong page.

I will be graduating on 5/12/2016. My goal/plan is to have my packet accepted sometime between now and next May. Obviously I can not sit around waiting for good news, so I have been filling out applications and interviewing for various college grad positions.

My question is... Is it wise of me to include my intentions of becoming an officer in the Navy should it come up when I am interviewing?

VWXThrasher378

Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

From my application experience and those shared by others, understand that this is a long and sometimes tedious process. Some dudes get held up by waivers for medical conditions, others miss board deadlines, and then there are those in FINSEL purgatory, perpetually waiting for an OCS date. Thus, should it come up in an interview - I'd say don't mention it. Why shoot yourself in the foot that way. This isn't something that will happen overnight or even in a couple of months. If anything, you are in the position to meaningfully contribute to a potential organization for at least 8 months to a year.

Not sure what stage of the application process you're in - but you'll find out pretty quickly that there is a lot of waiting around.

exNavyOffRec

First, I have searched through the various forum pages and could not find an answer to my question. Please feel free to direct me to the correct one if this is the wrong page.

I will be graduating on 5/12/2016. My goal/plan is to have my packet accepted sometime between now and next May. Obviously I can not sit around waiting for good news, so I have been filling out applications and interviewing for various college grad positions.

My question is... Is it wise of me to include my intentions of becoming an officer in the Navy should it come up when I am interviewing?

If you were interviewing with US Bank would you tell them "in a year I want to move on to Amazon"? just like the answer is no in this case the answer is no for you, it is none of your future employers business.