• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Board Recommended?

jmiller82

I talked to my recruiter/processor this past week (a day after the supposed board), and he informed me that I am board recommended, and that my packet is sitting on a certain CDR's desk, awaiting submission back to them.. It sounded like this is the first step to notifying the NRD of my final selection, but I was unsure and the recruiter didn't disclose any info.. Seeing that I've been pro-rec'd for quite a while and I submitted FINDOCS or MEDDOCS as they're called now, what does "board recommended" mean? For some of you recruiters out there (wink, RockyMtnNFO), can you help me out?

flynsail

pilot
I have two possible 'theories':

1) Probably means they are reading through your posts on AW to determine your suitability as a Naval Officer. You know, would the amount of useless posts be indicative of how well he performs as a NFO.

2) Maybe they get more applications than the board has time to look at. Therefore, a board recommended package is one that is decent enough for the board to review.

Again, just rough guesses to answer your question. Second one sounds feasible, but I would worry about number one.

jmiller82

Maybe you should take the advice given to me several times today.. If you don't know what the fvck you are talking about, then don't post!! I've been beat already, so join the club!

flynsail

pilot
Maybe you should take the advice given to me several times today.. If you don't know what the fvck you are talking about, then don't post!! I've been beat already, so join the club!

If you really thought the intention of my post was to answer your actual question, you were wrong. So much for being subtle. I'll send you a PM for the rest.

To avoid this thread being a complete waste to anybody reading this: check out the forum, "Paths to a Commission". One thread has a great deal of information on the application process, courtesy of a few former recruiters.

STLEngineer

pilot
I may be in the same boat as you, so to speek.

My recruiter told me two fridays ago that my medical cleared and I should/would probably hear good news soon. He didn't give the specifics you gave, but from what I can guess it looks like we're around the same point in the process.

I still haven't heard anything (final) back, we're hoping early next week.