• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Board Information and Types

Ian NP

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Air Warriors, as one may tell. I'm enlisted trying to commission, and I had a question relating to boards.

What are the different types of board I'd have to go to and what are they like? I've seen names like "proboard" and others, but idk what the difference is. Could anyone explain? Specifically interested in IWC.

I couldn't find anything relating to this question here, but if I didn't look hard enough, feel free to drop a link. Thank you!

Bigg

Pro Rec IP
You'll find the difference here. There are a few other board types, but PRO or DCO make up the majority of the boards.

PRO boards are for folks looking to go Active Duty, while DCO is typically for going Reservist (or have a experience in a specific field like medical). You won't "go to a board" for either though. You'll submit a package to said board and it will be reviewed on the board convene date.

If you're interested in the IWC, check out the PAs (Program Authorizations) for INTEL, OCEANO, CW, IP, or CWE at the link below. They will tell you what the expected qualifications are for each designator.

exNavyOffRec

You'll find the difference here. There are a few other board types, but PRO or DCO make up the majority of the boards.

PRO boards are for folks looking to go Active Duty, while DCO is typically for going Reservist (or have a experience in a specific field like medical). You won't "go to a board" for either though. You'll submit a package to said board and it will be reviewed on the board convene date.

If you're interested in the IWC, check out the PAs (Program Authorizations) for INTEL, OCEANO, CW, IP, or CWE at the link below. They will tell you what the expected qualifications are for each designator.

Pro board applied to both DCO and OCS, the board schedule can be misleading it is just something that written that way years ago and never changed but both get reviewed and both get a professional recommendation Y or N.