• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blues in Corpus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyOCS

Anyone else excited about the blue angels at NASCC this weekend? I go to school at Texas A&M Corpus Christi and the base is right down the road from campus. They have been practicing all day and I cant seem to study. I havent seen any 34's flying around. Guess they give the airspace to let the blues fly?

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
The show is going to be AWESOME. I've been semi-involved in the planning, and the Blue Angels have been running around all day. Can't wait.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Too bad I'm going to miss them.....I'll be in Las Vegas on a XC. Great for the long weekend, but I'm going to miss the best thing Corpus has had since I've been here!

kray1395

I took some of my family members to go watch their practice yesterday morning at NASP. Doesn't matter how many times you see them. They never get old. We got to see the low show due to the cloudy weather. That was okay though since I was worried we might not get to see them at all because of impending T-storms. My 9 year old neice though got to get their autographs at the museum afterwards. It's so awesome to see how they light up a 9-year old's eyes and remember how they used to do that to you also, and that's part of the reason you're here now. Alright then, enjoy the air show. I'm looking forward to the July 4th weekend show over the beach.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Yeah, no T-34s are up at all. Thur and Fri are no fly days, Wed was a half day, and Mon is safety standdown. I'm def enjoying this 5 day weekend.

Lairdjp

pilot
A small crowd gathered this afternoon on the flight line as the Blues practiced...amazing. The weather was awesome and there were so few of us on the line that it almost felt like a private show. Hopefully the weather holds up for the weekend.

gregsivers

pilot
Oh I'm sure the weather will be just fine. Seems that when I'm scheduled to fly the weather sucks and I get canceled, but when there's no fly day, the weather is beautiful. Go figure, that damn Murphy.

On a side note, the awesome weather sure makes for nice days off at the beach.

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
I am so jealous. The Blue Angels are amazing! I saw them in Cleveland for the first time a couple of years ago...I almost cried because I was just so proud. I am such a girl! I saw them again last April at Andrews AFB...great show!

Clux4

Banned
DCLegal said:
I am so jealous. The Blue Angels are amazing! I saw them in Cleveland for the first time a couple of years ago...I almost cried because I was just so proud. I am such a girl! I saw them again last April at Andrews AFB...great show!

Speaking of Andrews, the Airforce Thunderbirds would be at Andrews in the next 2 weeks if you care to see them. I have seen them a couple times and they also have couple tricks in the bag. I would still have to say that Iprefer watching the Blues.

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
the blue angels paint job is really ugly up close though, you can tell its not all one coat. When they do their corrosion work they just paint over it so its all mismatched and some parts are darker then the others but from far away it looks good.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Took a bunch of pics at the practice today ... was an awesome show!

Putting some of them up in the gallery, but I fear I may run out of space on my account.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
That's how they do with the paint job on the T-34's. Doesn't surprise me. T-34's paint job looks sh!tty for the most part up close.

gregsivers

pilot
The paint job on most of the T-34's looks sh!tty however you look at it, close or far. But they did manage to get the two cleanest/nicest looking ones for our squadron photo the other day.

Clux4

Banned
D_mac05 said:
That's how they do with the paint job on the T-34's. Doesn't surprise me. T-34's paint job looks sh!tty for the most part up close.

That is Naval/Marine Corps Corrossion Control for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.