• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels not welcome in San Francisco

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Anybody compare this to the same story by Fox News posted in its own thread? This rag here pretty much smears the military and offers opinions while the other just says it happened. There's so much wrong with the way this crap is written. :icon_rage
They're covering different stories. The Fox News story (I'm assuming; I haven't read it) was probably covering the core story, while this covered the community response. That was a national cable news network, and this is a local broadcast affiliate. They're two completely different venues.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Here's a cartoon about the situation. Funny and if a certain someone doesn't like it, by all means, get rid of it.

Matter said:
PN061207.jpg

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're covering different stories. The Fox News story (I'm assuming; I haven't read it) was probably covering the core story, while this covered the community response. That was a national cable news network, and this is a local broadcast affiliate. They're two completely different venues.
Wait, wait, wait. How can you comment on the Fox News story and compare it with the other one when you haven't even read it?

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Wait, wait, wait. How can you comment on the Fox News story and compare it with the other one when you haven't even read it?
You're right, I was making an assumption. Based on the fact that one was a national cable news network and the other was a local broadcast affiliate, I assumed that the one would be carrying national news and the other would be carrying a local perspective. Having now read the Fox News story, I've determined that my assumption was, in fact, correct. I am so very, very sorry, and I'll heartily endeavour never be so presumptuous again.

phrogpilot73 said:
It's Cate - she'll comment on anything.
Pbbbbbth. :)

skidz

adrenaline junky
What Does Chris Daly Have Against the Blue Angels?

What a babbling idiot. Does he know how to speak?

All of his points are rather stupid and exaggerated. Potential of an accident? Well why don't you just go live in a protective bubble for the rest of your life. That'll be fun for ya. Complaining about the fuel usage? Stop all air traffic around frisco! They're wasting fuel and warming the earth! The noise puts my panties in a bunch! Then the immigrants from war-torn countries. I don't give a rat's ass and neither do several million other citizens of this country. They can flush their head in the toilet so they don't have to hear the jets.

But all in all, fvck frisco. The Blues should just take their show somewhere where they will be appreciated and welcomed.