• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels not welcome in San Francisco

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hint for the newer folks . . . the answer is buried on the website somewhere. Tried to find the right keywords last night, but the booze wasn't helping . . .

alrodeck

Uhh, what is the next step in the EP?
I'm sure there are a hundred other cities that are more than willing to schedule the Blue Angels for that time. I think about getting mad. However, I take enjoyment in thinking about how much the city stands to lose by barring the performances. I don't mind SF banning precision military flight demonstration one bit.

With regards to the more levelheaded people in SF, I mean you no harm whatsoever. Just like the law-abiding, God fearing Americans that live in my most favorite southern city that I wish would do us all a favor & hurry up and just fall the hell into the ocean like most people want it to. Same thing.
Hell Yeah, send the Angels up to Ames Iowa! Go in February and the LSOS will be like 200 KIAS!

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Well I'm hoping the the Angels do make it to the bay area. I think a pier-side flyby and some bone-in fillet at Boboquivari's would make for an awesome weekend.

Screw the hippies.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I grew up in the bay, and the sentiment comes as no surprise. Horrible none the less... That being said, after going to Fleet Week so many times, I am pretty sure that the Bay does not deserve such a great event. Who knows maybe they will spend the week somewhere else, and actually be appreciated...

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
The Blues got kicked out of NUW after their "show" in 1995. They have never returned ...

Anyone know why??? :)

Didn't they trash a hotel or something like that?

Not sure if that was NUW or another one back in the day (It was early 90's I believe)

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
"Something" like that happened in Vegas in 91...

No, I don't think it was Tailhook, Something related to the Blues. I heard about it from a buddy of mine a few months ago that happended at a show site back in the early 90's. Can't remember which show he said it was, though. Just the Blues haven't been allowed back since.

Random8145

San Francisco also has a children's book called "Addicted to War" that they are either thinking about, or already are, making part of the school curriculum.

It has some very slanderous pictures of right-wing politicians and so forth in it, basically it looks like they had the writers of Rolling Stone magazine write it.