• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels not welcome in San Francisco

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hopefully not a repost. Title says it all:

Michelle Malkin has something to say about efforts by several peace advocacy groups in San Francisco to bar the Blue Angels from appearing:

The annual aerial show by the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels — a San Francisco tradition dating back to 1981 that pumps millions into the local economy — is running into opposition from three local peace advocacy groups that are calling for a permanent halt to the popular Fleet Week flyover.
CodePink, Global Exchange and Veterans for Peace, Chapter 69, are working with Supervisor Chris Daly on a Board of Supervisors resolution to address concerns over the Blue Angels.

Daly acknowledged he is considering a call to halt the flyovers because, he said, “they seem dangerous and unnecessary.” Daly said he plans on introducing the resolution as early as Tuesday, but is still drafting the language. A resolution is not legally binding, but states a board position.

The Blue Angels, a team of navy fighter pilots, fly over San Francisco during Fleet Week, which this year is scheduled for Oct. 4 through Oct. 9...

All text copyrighted by Michelle Malkin. Permission is granted to other web sites to reproduce up to four paragraphs with a hyperlink to the full entry at michellemalkin.com. Use of michellemalkin.com content in violation of these terms constitutes a violation of copyright terms of use.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
These people are so sad .. where has common sense gone? Not in our schools, obviously. Thanks for posting that Bunk.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Why does some of the dialogue in there sound so much like a Westboro Baptist church member's crazy threats...

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Ridiculous for sure, but in the end if they dot want the money that it brings in then why press the issue.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Interesting. Any other sources reporting this news?

With all respect to the OP of course. I'd like to see this from an outlet that isnt Michelle Malkin.

m3urthy

Thank you much!

I really didn't want to click onto Malkin's blog. This news is very concerning to me. I hope you all don't paint a broad view San Franciscans based off of a few of these idiots stalling up the Blue Angels. It sometimes is really hard being a staunch liberal when I have to contend with people like those. Are they even liberal? No, they're just stupid. More than likely very obese, and have a lot of acceptance problems.

I plan on writing to Rep. Pelosi's office. I'm sure they'll be receptive, and I mean that with no sarcasm. I sersiously hope they can be of assistance. They are, after all, a big fan of jets.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
It sometimes is really hard being a staunch liberal when I have to contend with people like those. Are they even liberal? No, they're just stupid. More than likely very obese, and have a lot of acceptance problems.

I find that more often liberals are skinny, sickly looking. The men will usually have facial hair (especially the old guys) or excessive feminine qualities. The women will usually look mean and uphappy (most likely because they are). The one common link between them all is Subaru, usually Outback. That is all.

m3urthy

I find that more often liberals are skinny, sickly looking. The men will usually have facial hair (especially the old guys) or excessive feminine qualities. The women will usually look mean and uphappy (most likely because they are). The one common link between them all is Subaru, usually Outback. That is all.

Volvo D70 Wagon.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Hey now, lay off the Subes and Volvos. They make some great cars and shouldn't be associated with them. Anyways, these guys are just trying to make noise and get their message out, the Blues won't be barred from such a large city for such a big event. I'm sure more fuel is burnt getting the ships into port and hooking them up to shore power, etc than is burnt during the Blues' performances. If the Blues did truly get banned from SF, then there'd be very large consequences.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
They are not the only ones with acceptance problems.

What? Obese people suck. Get over it.

I dunno about the rest of you, but this one actually made me laugh:L

"If you blow up our city, we won't be happy about it. And our whole city will be destroyed. And if you blow up my favorite library, I won't be happy because there are some good books there that I haven't read yet."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, so I suppose the next step is a permanent TFR over the San Francisco area. And let's close the airports too while we're at it; if aviation is so "dangerous," then I suppose these idiots have never set foot in a commercial airliner in their lives for fear it will crash. That resolution is an insult to every aircrew and maintainer involved with Naval Aviation.