• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels Aviators Tours Extended

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Another note....only pilots extended. What about the "city" of support/ nonflying folks that will have their dreams/hopes squashed? I am not arguing for or against all this...just offering some input from someone that has a non flyer friend on the Blues' that will be feeling the pinch...

I was wondering what the plan was - sucks that they have to miss out on a show season.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Rumor has it P'cola is still going to have an end of the year airshow with the Blues flying. I don't know how much of their regular show they will do.

I heard it from someone who would be in the know about these types of matters.

jmcquate

Contributor
What pisses me off about this is it takes away a nice fall long weekend with my wife at VA Beach. I took her to her first air show a few years back at Oceana. She brought a few books with her anticipating her usual boredom with things I enjoy……….the books were never opened, she LOVED it and insisted that we see the Blues every chance we get (as long as we are in a catered VIP tent).

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
What pisses me off about this is it takes away a nice fall long weekend with my wife at VA Beach. I took her to her first air show a few years back at Oceana. She brought a few books with her anticipating her usual boredom with things I enjoy……….the books were never opened, she LOVED it and insisted that we see the Blues every chance we get (as long as we are in a catered VIP tent).

Did the NTU show in '11 and since it rained all weekend we made sure to go back in '12. Great show - fun vaca!

HuggyU2

None
(as long as we are in a catered VIP tent).
This^^^^^
If you want to take your aviating-barely-tolerant wife/girl friend to an airshow,... and you too stupid to not fork over the $$ for the very best VIP chalet you can obtain,... then you are a moran/idiot of the highest order.

HuggyU2

None
I guess when I post around midnight, I don't proof read very well.
Apparently, I am the moron.

snake020

Contributor
Anyone in the know able to provide some insight into what the Blues will do for the rest of the season? Just basic flying maneuvers to maintain their quals and keep the maintenance teams employed?

Or just bake sales to raise money for the team?

Renegade One

None
Can't claim to be "in the know", but I think the NFDS pilots are funded for 11 FH per pilot per month, or something like that. Safe-for flight currency, NATOPS quals, instrument currency, PMCFs on the airframes...etc. With only 7 pilots to care for ~16 aircraft (normally), I'm sure it all gets eaten up pretty quickly. Don't know, of course, but I'd like to think that they're also flying some out-and-ins (within half-gas ranges…e.g., no off-site refueling) , to visit/enable local recruiting events, etc.