• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angel vs. Blue Devil (ZR-1)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You guys missed the best part: "...and now you're super-sonic, my friend..." <BINGO, BINGO>

(Yes, I know he can set that, but still).

Clux4

Banned
I was impressed with the LT in casual conversation mode while pulling 6-7 Gs. That is fitness.
I have always wondered how that happened.

Someone asked me if all Blue Angel pilots were prior Hornet guys to which I answered no but I could not think of Blue Angel pilot from the Prowler community. I know the Harriers and Tomcats have sent in recent years. Does anyone know of any previous Prowler guys?

tlord82

pilot
32,000 lbs of thrust? I thought the Blues had already transitioned to the more powerful "C" model w/ 18,000 lb thrust engines.

They may have some "C" models, but the older Charlies (which is what the Blues probably have) don't have the big motors. It wasn't until a couple lots later that they were installed.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
They may have some "C" models, but the older Charlies (which is what the Blues probably have) don't have the big motors. It wasn't until a couple lots later that they were installed.

The Blue Angels are Alpha models.

nugget61

pilot
I have always wondered how that happened.

Someone asked me if all Blue Angel pilots were prior Hornet guys to which I answered no but I could not think of Blue Angel pilot from the Prowler community. I know the Harriers and Tomcats have sent in recent years. Does anyone know of any previous Prowler guys?

How would that work for the non-hornet folks? I thought I read somewhere that part of the interview for the team was a demo of flight skills - do they just fly what they're trained in or do they have to do the full hornet school and demo in that airframe?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

One of the RAG instructors when I was in VAQ-129 was 'looked at' for a short while by the Blues but I don't think it was ever very serious, he certtainly didn't seem to think so. I asked him if there ever had been a Prowler guy and he said there had not been and would not likely ever be one.

Clux4

Banned
One of the RAG instructors when I was in VAQ-129 was 'looked at' for a short while by the Blues but I don't think it was ever very serious, he certtainly didn't seem to think so. I asked him if there ever had been a Prowler guy and he said there had not been and would not likely ever be one.

Well, may with the Navy side getting the Growler, things might change.