• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blood Tests

JohnnyUtah

100% Pure Adrenaline
Regarding a full flight physical, from my understanding the piss test are only for illegal drug use, but what is blood taken for?

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Regarding a full flight physical, from my understanding the piss test are only for illegal drug use, but what is blood taken for?

I'm pretty sure the urine sample during the physical has nothing to do with testing for illegal drugs and everything to do with your health. There's no "chain of custody" procedures and no witnessing, and medical information is protected to a certain extent from legal procedures. When you're standing there holding a bottle with a guy staring at you, you'll know Operation Golden Flow has been called away.

F14Flier7

Looking

They are looking for things like Protien in your urine and the like. I'm not sure of the medical term, but passing protien through the pisser is a bad sign...

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
They look for liver enzymes too. I only know, since I had to give blood like 15,000 times at OCS to clear something up.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I'm pretty sure the urine sample during the physical has nothing to do with testing for illegal drugs and everything to do with your health. There's no "chain of custody" procedures and no witnessing, and medical information is protected to a certain extent from legal procedures. When you're standing there holding a bottle with a guy staring at you, you'll know Operation Golden Flow has been called away.

Yup, they are just checking for routine health stuff.