• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blacklion Bash 2013 NAS Oceana

madmartigan

pilot
AW Faithful,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the annual Blacklion Bash will be held Friday May 31st at the NASO O'Club, six to midnight. Please come out and support the cause.

We had a great turn out last year from some AW staples and would love for more this time around. For those who were not able to make it last year, we are fundraising for Wounded Warrior Project and Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Last year we were able to raise over $7500 and hope to break $10K this year.

Come rock out to Richie Storm and the Thunderheads (VFA-15 Valion Band). Fun times will be had by all. Tons of awesome gear, gift certificates, memorbilia, local sports tickets, etc. will be auctioned off.

And in case we forgot to mention it.....FREE BEER!

Follow us @ www.blacklionbash.com or on facebook for updates.

8416749.jpg

Renegade One

None
AW Faithful,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the annual Blacklion Bash will be held Friday May 31st at the NASO O'Club, six to midnight. Please come out and support the cause.
I'm going to pass this to my Black Lions Distro from the 1978-1981 timeframe. Just so's you know...

madmartigan

pilot
Renegade,

That is awesome. We're trying to reach out to Hawk Smith and Donald Auten to rouse up some Blacklion spirit as well.

HJ Parson has offered a copy of his Tomcat coffe table book for our silent auction so the Big Fighter will be well represented.

grumman-f-14-tomcat-bye-bye-baby-images-reminiscences-from-35-years-of-active-service.jpg

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Renegade,

That is awesome. We're trying to reach out to Hawk Smith and Donald Auten to rouse up some Blacklion spirit as well.

HJ Parson has offered a copy of his Tomcat coffe table book for our silent auction so the Big Fighter will be well represented.

grumman-f-14-tomcat-bye-bye-baby-images-reminiscences-from-35-years-of-active-service.jpg
Excellent book with tons of great photos.

This reminds me I need to drop HJ a note, it's been sometime since we last chatted.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Wish I was in the area to attend - would love to hear the Valion band! I will purchase a t-shirt and make a donation online though like last year. Good luck - hope you kill $10k!

Renegade One

None
Renegade,

Hawk and Duck are both on my distro as well. Think Hawk and Miss Jenny will be in NC at the time…so it may be perfect. You might also want to reach out and touch "Bio" Baranek…don't recall if he was ever a "Black Lion" per se, but he's currently swinging around the nation doing another "book signing tour" for "TOPGUN Days"…and this may be a good venue for all concerned.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got a BOQ room, two tix and my orange bag ready. Got to see if the Slack Loins...Black Pussies...errr Brand X have stepped it up at all.
Should be fun.

All for a very good cause.

madmartigan

pilot
Wish I was in the area to attend - would love to hear the Valion band! I will purchase a t-shirt and make a donation online though like last year. Good luck - hope you kill $10k!

707, it's a shame you can't make it but we can't thank you enough for your support! I may be biased but this year's t shirt design is cooler in my opinion.

Hawk and Duck are both on my distro as well. Think Hawk and Miss Jenny will be in NC at the time…so it may be perfect. You might also want to reach out and touch "Bio" Baranek…don't recall if he was ever a "Black Lion" per se, but he's currently swinging around the nation doing another "book signing tour" for "TOPGUN Days"…and this may be a good venue for all concerned.

Renegade, thanks for the idea. I stalked "Bio" on facebook and sent him a message. FYI, it cost me a $1.00 to send it straight to his inbox so hopefully Wounded Warrior will let me write that off. I read both his and Hawk's bio during my nugget cruise so it'd be really cool to see some old Blacklion support.

Anyone care if an old retired Tomcat guy put on his flight suit for this? Well it is bright orange...
View attachment 12326

Schnugg, the wilder the flight suit the better. My favorite part of 'Hook is seeing all the crazy flight suits that would make a Skipper today to worry about losing his job. You may even see some of the now outlawed bright blue Blacklion sh!t hots.

Bio

None
Peeper - Got your message in my FB In box. (I always wondered if that $1 thing worked -- thanks for the op check.) And thanks to Spike for mentioning me!
I have to come clean: I actually wasn't a Blacklion. I was a VF-24 Renegade in the book, then went to VF-2, then VF-211. The "Baranek" you saw on that plaque had to be my brother, Tom / Bif. He was a Blacklion RIO around 1986-89. I will gladly donate a signed book and ask him to sign it, also, to cement the Blacklion connection. We have time to get it to you. I'll email you for more details.
I like your selection of pro dev reading material, and I'm proud to be in company with Hawk. Just to keep the pats on the back coming, the big Tomcat book HJ put together with Bob Lawson and George Hall is an incredible production, hopefully that will bring top dollar!
Email coming....

Bio

None
...I left Duck out of my earlier comment. Duck gave me some helpful info when I was trying to get Topgun Days published, and I enjoyed lunch with him at the Old Town Mexican Café during a visit to San Diego. Plus, Roger Ball! is a great book!