• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Billets for Singles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

CEC Final Select
I've heard it mentioned that when it was time to assign billets that all the single officers recieve the worse billets. Is this true? No matter how well you rank in schooling, etc you still receive a bad billet because of your single status?? :confused:

Gritty

CEC Final Select
I'm actually posting this question because I heard this from a Retired CEC officer (28 years in)... got any insight?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Let's put it this way, the bulk of USNA/ROTC/OCS grads are non-prior single guys (or gals). There simply aren't enough crappy billets to be doled out. I'm skeptical because it just doesn't make sense. I wouldn't put too much, no, make that any stock into it.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
It's all about timing. You can't go somewhere unless someone is leaving (usually), this isn't as big as a problem for say, the URL communities. You'll only get the option of what's available. Some communities, such as supply, give you PCS orders to school, so you're performance will effect your selection. However, for something like CEC where the school isn't a PCS, you'll fill out a "wish list" of 3 choices during OCS. You're going to have to decide what's more important to you, job or location, then list it. They'll try to match your preferences with their openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.