• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big Watch for Graduation

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Hope you married the right one. Mine likes my Omega, but wouldn't let me buy it if it wasn't discounted.
I did. Honestly, if I said I had to have it she would be ok with it. Just haven't been able to justify the price yet - always open for a group buy!

Speaking of A4s vocab, I do care to opine. I am constantly using online dictionaries with some of the words you guys use. Makes me want my money back from my state college education.

brownshoe

Contributor
OK, I'll admit it - I had to look up "distaff"...

Although, being in the 30-35 yr range, I didn't need the definition to know exactly what you're talking about. :D It's like a switch was flipped on my 30th....or maybe it was the Rolex?!?!?!?!!

Actually Scoob it’s a phrase not a word…. “distaff side,” I had to look it up too.:) But A4’s is right I got attacked in some of the strangest places… (Fun times.) And I’m really UGLY!:eek: Plus I didn’t own a Rolex then… so it ain’t the watch.:icon_wink You young guys just stand by… “What? We just… I just… Oh okay, go ahead.”:D (Your wildest dreams come true.)

Steve

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Your point is still valid, though. I was a staunch ironman advocate until my first cruise when I caught the expensive watch craze.

My Omega X33 had the crown fall off. I sent it into Omega, and while they'll repair the crown for free, here's the rest of the story:

Complete Maint. Svc. Quartz Chronograph........340.00
Titanium crown micr......................................0.00
Steel pusher................................................0.00
Steel pusher................................................0.00
1-faced anti-refl.sapph.cryst..........................154.00
Kevalr black X-33/20 x 18..............................132.00
Buckle sat.steel X-33-18mm...........................13.00
Sales Tax....................................................35.78
Shipping/insurance........................................20.00
Total..........................................................694.78:eek:

Bottom line is everything is scratched and they want to replace it. I'm going to call them and have them fix the crown and send me the watch back. The band is trashed, but I have the titanium one to put back on it. I wear it everyday, so I expected this to happen. What's the point of having a great watch if you don't use it?

Either that, or I'll just replace it all and take the money out of my bonus.:icon_smil

Update:

This is good gouge for any of you Omega owners out there!

I called the place and asked if my warranty covered any of this, and they said it was a 2 year deal, and mine had expired. DAMN!!

Then, out of nowhere, he asked me:

Omega guy: "You're not a pilot by any chance, are you?"

HD: "Uh, yeah. So what if I am?"

Omega guy: "Well, if you can prove that by sending us a business card or something, it'll be free. We have a program for pilots."

HD: "No shit? Flip the watch over and look at the back. That's my squadron and callsign. Is that good enough?"

Omega guy: "That'll work. It'll be ready in 4-6 weeks. You don't even have to pay for shipping."

It turns out that the band isn't covered (the kevlar one is completely worn out), but since I have the titanium one here at home, I'll just put that one back on.

Great news!

I'm now even a bigger fan of Omega.:icon_smil

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Update:

This is good gouge for any of you Omega owners out there!

I called the place and asked if my warranty covered any of this, and they said it was a 2 year deal, and mine had expired. DAMN!!

Then, out of nowhere, he asked me:

Omega guy: "You're not a pilot by any chance, are you?"

HD: "Uh, yeah. So what if I am?"

Omega guy: "Well, if you can prove that by sending us a business card or something, it'll be free. We have a program for pilots."

HD: "No shit? Flip the watch over and look at the back. That's my squadron and callsign. Is that good enough?"

Omega guy: "That'll work. It'll be ready in 4-6 weeks. You don't even have to pay for shipping."

It turns out that the band isn't covered (the kevlar one is completely worn out), but since I have the titanium one here at home, I'll just put that one back on.

Great news!

I'm now even a bigger fan of Omega.:icon_smil

Man, that's crap. I had to send it back to them twice to fix the button (and then the light connection attached to said button). They got me for the refurb, as well. Not a peep about being a "pilot." Thanks for the gouge.