• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big Helo Sale to the Middle East

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
US clears transport and attack helo sales to Middle East
Two separate sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) worth USD3.51 billion and USD3.5 billion respectively were approved by the State Department on 8 December, and announced by the Defense Security and Cooperation Agency (DSCA) the following day.

For Saudi Arabia, the US government has allowed the procurement of 48 Boeing CH-47F Chinook transport helicopters, as well as ancillary equipment, training, and support. The UAE has been cleared to buy 37 Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters, plus ancillary equipment, training, and support.

http://www.janes.com/article/66119/us-clears-transport-and-attack-helo-sales-to-middle-east

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Boeing lines in Philly and Mesa will be going strong foir a while! Good news for us. Neither UAE or KSA has the culture or talent to fly and maintain either without generous US support - so plenty of jobs for off shore contracting.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Boeing lines in Philly and Mesa will be going strong foir a while! Good news for us. Neither UAE or KSA has the culture or talent to fly and maintain either without generous US support - so plenty of jobs for off shore contracting.

KSA? Definitely.

UAE? I don't necessarily disagree, but they have a much better rep than most Arab militaries (even Mattis has called them "Little Sparta"). I tend to think they can handle it.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
KSA? Definitely.

UAE? I don't necessarily disagree, but they have a much better rep than most Arab militaries (even Mattis has called them "Little Sparta"). I tend to think they can handle it.
Just learned something - good call.

"What makes the UAE unique, according to current and former U.S. military officials, is a combination of great oil wealth, which has allowed the country to buy advanced weapons and fund extensive training programs, and a willingness to put its personnel and equipment in harm’s way by participating in coalition operations."