• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big gouge thanks

TSmyth

pilot
Thanks to all who have posted tips and hints within this forum. I retook the test today in Indy and faired a lot better this go around! The first time was after getting up at 4:30am to go through MEPS. Definitely don't try to wake up that early and expect to do well on a 2 hour test at 1pm! First time I scored an OAR of 52 and 6,6,8 on the stanine scores. This time around I bumped that up to 63 8,8, and 9.
What can be said that isn't already contained within this forum? Not much. Look for the gouge posted by erautreetopflyer and yecats99. They both have some great detailed insight into what to expect.
The mechanical section killed me the first time around. So, if you haven't taken a physics course in a while (or ever), spend some time reviewing classical physics. Remember, you really only have to know the concepts! Know basic formulas like F=ma, P=F/A etc... You might not have to do any calculations with these but they may help you think through some of the tougher questions. Fully understand the concepts and implications in the marine gouge!!!!
Verbal... make sure you're selecting your answer based solely on the information provided. I can see lots of people getting duped there.
Math... I did some GRE math preparation and found the ASTB math to be extremely easy. GRE is probably overkill but you can never go wrong with being overly prepared.
Spatial section... maybe one or two that were tricky. As has been said before, make your own system and stick to it.
Aviation/Nautical section... it helps to look through the FAR/AIM Handbook but study smart. There is a lot of in-depth information in there. Primarily you want to know aerodynamic principles, aircraft controls, instruments etc. You might have one or two questions about basic weather... what causes it (uneven heating etc), types of clouds. Nautical section is just parts of the boat. Consult google or wikipedia for info on the beginning of the space program. Leaf through Bluejackets Manual for navigation and aircraft info.

Hope this helps those who are still stressing about it... good luck. Remember to relax!