• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big Deal, happens all the time in AK

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What a douche. How the fuck are they going to get that aircraft out of there. Seems like a beach T/O would be challenging at best.

Brett

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Holy shit. Just reading his radio transmissions gives me an idea of how much a doucher he is, I can just imagine a Jersey Shore type guy behind the controls. At the very LEAST they should pull his license, and then make him pay for all the rescue/recovery efforts.

Flugelman

Contributor
"Welcome to New York"

And welcome to the land of the walking/driving... No more flying for you.

bluemarlin04

Reading the article makes me think he was intoxicated in some way, shape or form. I have never flown a plane but refuse to believe people are naturally that dumb without a little bit of help. Just the way he was talking should be a give away. I wonder if they gave him a sobriety test?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Holy shit. Just reading his radio transmissions gives me an idea of how much a doucher he is, I can just imagine a Jersey Shore type guy behind the controls. At the very LEAST they should pull his license, and then make him pay for all the rescue/recovery efforts.

I picture Pauly D and his "crew" rocking out to the techno song from Super Troopers when Rabbit steals the Porsche, except in a Piper.

I believe the song is called Bidibodi Bidibu by Bubbles.

EDIT: Found the song on youtube. Picture Jersey Shore in a Piper.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Guess they never heard of airsickness bags. I am glad we had sick sacks on the MD80 last time I had a sick passenger. I'd hate to have to land in Santa Barbara, or Grand Junction so they could puke.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
What a fucking chode. I can't believe the let douchebags like that fly. I shudder to think I fly through the same airspace as fucking idiots like that.

Flying Toaster

None
What an idiot, reading the transmissions it definitely sounded like he was under the influence of something. Stupid question, but aside from fines, loss of license, etc. is there something chargeable like FUI? Seems like that could get interesting state vs. federal. In addition to the expense of the responders, I'm sure that salt water from being in the waves was great for the plane...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What a douche. How the fuck are they going to get that aircraft out of there. Seems like a beach T/O would be challenging at best.

Brett

Forgetting the rising tide and salt water intrusion, it's not that hard to get off as long as you're down at the wet part (that's what she said). Growing up, my dad had to put down on a beach just north of Charleston (I was onboard as well). Once the problem was identified and fixed (throttle linkage on throttle body), he took off again, though it did take two attempts. Fortunately there was a CG rescue swimmer there to help him push it out of a rut he sank in the first try.

I shudder to think I fly through the same airspace as fucking idiots like that.

Well, technically you probably don't.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
It's his parents' fault for letting him watch too much TV :)

It's his parents' fault for letting him watch too much TV :)

Its the networks fault for failing to put up a "Don't attempt this in New York" disclaimer before and after the show.

EDIT: And he wants to be a doctor? Hopefully they don't give him a medical license as he clearly lacks any type of common sense.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Forgetting the rising tide and salt water intrusion, it's not that hard to get off as long as you're down at the wet part (that's what she said). Growing up, my dad had to put down on a beach just north of Charleston (I was onboard as well). Once the problem was identified and fixed (throttle linkage on throttle body), he took off again, though it did take two attempts. Fortunately there was a CG rescue swimmer there to help him push it out of a rut he sank in the first try.

Well, technically you probably don't.

Maybe not this particular dickhead, but I am sure that there are plenty out there like him. Especially in the OAK/SFO/BAB area where we do all of our launch and recoveries, as well as pattern work. The IAF to several approaches into SUU (SEATO) seems to be a favorite haunt for bug smashers who aren't talking to anyone and want to get a good look at a strange white jet. I've heard my fair share of "monitor vertical speed" in that neck of the woods.

We don't do all of our flying in class A airspace.