• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Between MEPS and OCS physical

Future SWO?

Final Select SWO 1/25 OCS date 6/14/08
Can anyone tell me what happens if you somehow become physically disqualified between MEPS and your standard OCS physical, due to injury or illness? I'm not talking about a SNA physical, but the regular one. I'm worried about showing up to OCS and all of the sudden being NPQ'd. Not that I think anything is wrong with me, but I did not think that the MEPS physical was too stringent. Any thoughts on this?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
This happened to a friend of mine who was going SPECWAR or EOD or whatever, and I believe he just had to redo MEPS. You're right about MEPS not being that tough, though, more than a few people have been NPQ'd at OCS.

FUPaladin

couldabeen
If you don't think anything is wrong with you, you'll probably be okay. The most common reason for an NPQ (at least from what I saw) is a back or knee injury, and in most cases they had re-aggravated a previous injury. Something could still happen that's beyond your control, but since there's nothing you can do about that you might as well not worry about it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You'd be hard-pressed to NPQ yourself between MEPS and OCS, ESPECIALLY as a SWO-to-be. As long as you show up with 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 arms and 2 legs, you should be fine. Should you get injured, just make sure to let your CoC in on it and you may perhaps re-do MEPS as necessary, unless it is obviously not disqualifying or serious.