• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Between Commissioning and TBS

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Gentlemen,

I recently returned from my flight physical, where I was NPQ'd from flight due to a history concussions.

I'll be commissioning on a ground contract, but since this has happened so close to commissioning in May my HRA told me that I probably will not be going to TBS until late 2010 at the earliest.

I'd like to spend the time between commissioning and TBS teaching English in a foreign country. I was wondering if there is anything that would preclude a 2nd Lt from living in another country for 6 months for educational purposes (I will be earning a certificate in teaching English as a second language).

Thank you for any insight.

Clux4

Banned
Since no one is really paying your bills at the moment, you are really on your own. If you HRA or OSO is telling you that it will be a while, you should be able to go. Just remember that you will have to fill out an SF 86 or whatever they call it these days at TBS and they will ask about previous travel.
Big thing really is that you do not want to miss your TBS reporting date.

Stay safe and do great things

murcielago08na

I am currently waiting to report to TBS in March. If you want to make some extra cash you can apply for PTAD at pretty much any OSS. The Marines are allowing up to 6 months of PTAD prior to TBS report dates right now. I've been doing it since the beginning of OCT. You shouldn't have any problem going overseas (my parents live in the Middle East and I have been to visit).