• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best & worst of the decade ...

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Worst: Lost my Grandfather suddenly while I was at TBS...the man who taught me everything I know about the outdoors, which made land-nav a breeze. Also lost my Aunt suddenly a couple years earlier who instilled in me a love for Pinot Noir that will never be tamed (she was a professional winemaker).

Best: Found the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, who supports me in everything I do, and challenges me to be better at everything. Married her and got to drink one of my prized possessions: A bottle of my Aunt's Pinot Noir that I had saved for 10 years for just that day. The last bottle in existence will never be opened. Oh, and I selected JETS this morning...that's probably up there pretty high. :)

TheBirdy

pilot
Worst: 9/11, losing my grandfather and my older sister losing her boyfriend that she dated for 5 years and was suppose to marry (was a really good guy..just at the wrong place at the wrong time), application process for the Navy

Best: Graduating from H.S., accepted to the University of Florida, my older sister (who lost her boyfriend) finding her husband, getting married and having my niece and nephew and finally making the decision to get a package together for the Navy

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Best: Kids being born and watching my kids grow up every day. Really, few things touch watching my son or daughter reading to me and listening to their inflections, or seeing the world through their eyes. It is one of the highlights of me being human.
Oh, and the Dems regaining the White House, (of course). ;

Worst: My father passing away; not a day goes by that I don't miss him and wish he could see my kids grow up.
Oh, and all of W's 8 years in office (of course). ;)

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Worst: 9/11, deployment, losing both grandmothers on the same day.

Best: The sheer distance traveled: started the decade as a high school junior. Ended it on deployment as a mission commander and married to the greatest woman on the planet. Everything in between those two points made it great. Graduation, college, meeting my wife, commissioning, flight school, wedding, winging, deployment(s).

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Family, friends, and personal life aside-

Worst: Fallen shipmates/servicemen/servicewomen.

Best: The satisfaction of going to work each day with so many people who, I believe in my heart, would measure up to that standard if that's what it came down to.

/end serious moment, back to my normal sarcastic self...