• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best uniform for getting married?

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Marines don't have "BDU's"

It's Cammies or Utilities. FYI.....BDUs are an "Army Strong" thing.

Battle Dress Uniform.....lame.

also a Chair Force thing ... including those DCUs ..... yarrr! Everyone wears blues to weddings anyway... guess that answers that.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Who goes out in town after their wedding? The reception should keep everyone busy...then you should be gettin' busy after that. Anyways, if someone stops me for wearing Blue Alphas after a wedding, I'll probably tell them to pack sand.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Only one answer:

whiteworks.jpg

WHITE WORKS, BABY

Of course, with BCGs:
birthcontrol.jpg

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
When my father in law did his cruises, during port visits, the enlisted guys would tell the ladies that the guys with the black bands had VD

zephyloquy

To each his own, I guess. Our reception site closed down at midnight, so we went out bowling then to a diner with our friends, so bravos were more appropriate. If you don't give a shit about being out of regs, then that is your problem. Plus, most young marines about to get married don't have many ribbons and the shooting badges are pretty bling and impressive...that is unless you have double pizza boxes.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Whatever. As a captain I had plenty of medal "bling" to make the Dress Blue Alphas "pop" at the wedding. You (or the wife-to-be blah, blah) are the CO of your wedding. Make the uniform utility blouse with lepoard-skin banana hammock bottoms for all it matters. We raged at the reception, after-partied at the hotel and pool with the entourage, then retired to the suite. If for some reason you go out in town after a wedding and someone stops you, do you really think he'll continue with issuing shit if you got married 5 hours ago?

I would have to agree on one item. If all you've got is the National Defense Ribbon, aka the "starter kit," badges will look better. 3 or more medals, go for the A's.

rslater

i say just rent a tux. If all your boys are marines, then go for the uniform. But like the majority have said ... the wife makes the call.

and if you want to be happy, make sure she is happy!

Cate

Pretty much invincible
zephyloquy said:
Oh shit, I read the question wrong. Wear dress blue bravos so you can go out into town and party afterward.
zephyloquy said:
To each his own, I guess. Our reception site closed down at midnight, so we went out bowling then to a diner with our friends, so bravos were more appropriate. If you don't give a shit about being out of regs, then that is your problem.
Changing clothes is not actually that hard to do; they may even have a special room for it at the church. For the ceremony, go with whatever will photograph best, 'cause even if you're not going to look at those pictures again, know that she is, and it matters to her. For the reception, go with whatever is most conducive to hugging your oldest and most distant relatives and doing the Funky Chicken, but keep it reasonably nice, because again, there'll be pictures (and no cake smearing, even if your bride seems to indicate she's okay with it - that's just tacky). That attire should take you out on the town comfortably, if, for whatever insane reason, you're not inclined to head directly back to the honeymoon suite without passing Go.

And as with all things wedding-related, defer to your bride, because the little details probably matter more to her than they do to you.

MasterBates

hippychick said:
And as with all things wedding-related, defer to your bride, because the little details probably matter more to her than they do to you.

So why do women want "their day" that cost 3-4 months pay? And why do they want to micro-funking-manage it? Just to see how much money they guy can blow, and how much crap he will put up with?

Cate

Pretty much invincible
So why do women want "their day" that cost 3-4 months pay? And why do they want to micro-funking-manage it? Just to see how much money they guy can blow, and how much crap he will put up with?
If you're marrying someone who wants to spend three months' worth of your money on your wedding, wouldn't that indicate that maybe you've made the wrong choice of bride?

And here's a bit of insight that'll probably get my Woman Card revoked. A woman gets a big, expensive, foofy wedding for one of two reasons: a) She's really materialistic and wants everyone to know what a princess she is, or b) she's getting pressure from her family/friends/colleagues/etc. to have a huge wedding while she'd rather just go to Vegas and be done with it. I've personally known both types of bride, and while the second reason may seem like a bit of a cop-out, the pressure that a woman can get from people who wonder why she doesn't want a white dress/400 guests/her husband's last name/kids/a horse-drawn carriage can be immense. Materialism is criticized; nontraditionalism is flat-out demonized.

There is actually another kind of woman who's looking for a small, intimate wedding, a JOP wedding, or even an elopement. If that's your preference, you should probably look for that kind of woman, instead of looking for a princess and then wondering why she wants a big wedding.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Here is a good compromise.

Blow 10-15 grand on the wedding...live it the hell up, as long as she agrees not to whine about having children.
That would be a net savings of $385,000+

Down with the tradtional roles of the woman being the birth giver and staying at home! Send her off to work! What do you think Cate?