• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best time to head to API with ACL rehab?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
WOW!! I just tore my acl too. I'm down here in Pensacola right now. I was just playing a basketball game at the gym and landed wrong on my knee. The doc said I can't get surgery till May 24th!!! I had my up chit and everything. I was just waiting to class up. I hope this isn't gonna kick me out of the program. Any words of encouragement??? Everyone that I have talked to (XO, CO, Flight Surgeon) said that I will be fine and not to worry about it but I'm still worried.

I'm sure that they will work with you in some way or another (whether it be retaining you at your current command, or keeping you in a pool while you recover once down in pcola)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
WOW!! I just tore my acl too. I'm down here in Pensacola right now. I was just playing a basketball game at the gym and landed wrong on my knee. The doc said I can't get surgery till May 24th!!! I had my up chit and everything. I was just waiting to class up. I hope this isn't gonna kick me out of the program. Any words of encouragement??? Everyone that I have talked to (XO, CO, Flight Surgeon) said that I will be fine and not to worry about it but I'm still worried.

FWIW, they specifically said they weren't going after med downs for booting people. You'll just stay in the pool most likely. I know that's tough to hear now as the environment is pretty damn negative these days. Keep rehabbing bro.

D-Roc

LTJG
Thanks guys for the encouragement. It looks like I should be alright as long as surgery and rehab go well! I will just be the longest A-pooler ever lol!!!!!!