• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Place for Patches

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
Okay guys... so I've done the search and since I'm on duty right now, I've got plenty of time to look on my own. However, I want to know the best place to find custom patches.
For me, being a Phrog guy, I'm looking for new and interesting 46 patches. I'm sure there are other communities that will enjoy looking as well.

Thanks!

brownshoe

Contributor
http://www.planecrazyent.com/ Try here, and if you don’t see what you want just give them a call. I was in VA-44 (can’t get more obscure than that:)) and was looking for a squadron patch they didn’t have. I called them telling them what I wanted and they started making them shortly thereafter.

Now mind you that was way back when they were first getting started, so I’m not sure about now. I actually spoke to the owner, a really nice guy, for quite some time. If memory serves me correct he’s ex-navy. Anyway, if the service is what it used to be, call ‘em, they’ll probably make what you want if they don't have something.

Steve

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
make your own. other people's patches are boring and everyone has seen them.

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
maybe not... but hey... if I can make people a little nostalgic by seeing older patches, maybe they'll leave the 46's alone a little longer.
:)

tlord82

pilot
Anybody know where I could find the "West Coast Hornets" patch? The takeoff of the West Coast Choppers label?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Made my own patch through American Patch and Emblem and it was SUPER easy. Very nice product and they send you multiple proofs. I sent them a JPEG and the patches turned out just as nice as the original JPEG.

-ea6bflyr ;)

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
http://www.planecrazyent.com/ Try here, and if you don’t see what you want just give them a call. I was in VA-44 (can’t get more obscure than that:)) and was looking for a squadron patch they didn’t have. I called them telling them what I wanted and they started making them shortly thereafter.

Now mind you that was way back when they were first getting started, so I’m not sure about now. I actually spoke to the owner, a really nice guy, for quite some time. If memory serves me correct he’s ex-navy. Anyway, if the service is what it used to be, call ‘em, they’ll probably make what you want if they don't have something.

Steve

Carl at PlaneCrazy is a pretty good guy; Actually , He's still currently Navy with VR-57 out of NI. I, For One, Am not much for reproductions/remakes but he sells both (Alot of his VS/HSL/HS stuff is legit as bought directly from the squadrons at NI); . He also made VAQ-142's failed "Stylish" Patches and a few of the VS Farewell/Decomm items. I know he also buys up alot of geedunk from decomming units (VS-31 comes to mind).

A Couple Others..

www.Av8rstuff.com - Whitey is a former A-6 B/N if not mistaken.

http://emblemking.com/index.php - Makes a number of items for squadrons. VMFA-115,VMAQ-2 and VAQ-133 I know for sure. Used heavily by various Marine Chopper squadrons.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Anybody know where I could find the "West Coast Hornets" patch? The takeoff of the West Coast Choppers label?

Never saw a "West Coast Hornets" Patch; I did get a "West Coast Strike Fighters" from VFA-146. VFA-86 sells a "Low Country Strike Fighters" patch; Both in the WCC Cross design. Best bet is to call 146's Duty Office and get in touch with their Coffee Mess Officer if you'd like a WCSF Patch.